» »

Foreigner POPLA Appeal Help - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Foreigner POPLA Appeal Help

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
34 replies 337 views

Replies

• Are you suggesting I should ignore it and it will go away? Won't they send notices and to a collection agency if I don't pay? They are sending me emails directly.
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat
    4.7K posts
    Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    The car hire company already charged me a fee for getting the ticket. They said they would reimburse me if I won the appeal, but alas...

yes thedee was an admin fee , not much you can do , as by law they had to inform you ,

did the hire co have a UK address or just your US address
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
    4.7K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you suggesting I should ignore it and it will go away? Won't they send notices and to a collection agency if I don't pay? They are sending me emails directly.

umm , they are not interpol
    Time pretending I was asleep whilst under his desk , has given me insight to this sordid world
  • I don't know what interpol is. I am just stating what happens here if you don't pay a bill.
    I honestly don't remember if the hire company had the address I was staying or not.
    4.7K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you do appeal to popla and they dont suss address they (brittania) will be charged £27 + vat

please do a absolutely crap appeal , one that they think they will win

poetic justice
    4.7K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what interpol is. I am just stating what happens here if you don't pay a bill.
    I honestly don't remember if the hire company had the address I was staying or not.

Interpol . euro version of fbi
  • I'm sorry, I don't understand what I should do. According to their "contract", I breached because of the 6 minutes. Are you saying I should do the POPLA appeal? Won't I lose? If I lose, I will have to pay the 100 instead of 60 pounds.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas
    27K posts
    Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you suggesting I should ignore it and it will go away? Won't they send notices and to a collection agency if I don't pay? They are sending me emails directly.

Who are sending you emails, Britannia or just re-directs via the hire company?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • The rejection letter email came from Britannia Parking.
    4.7K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    they will not chase you in the US for money not worth it as to legally get it they have to take you to court in the UK , they cannot serve papers on non UK

they cannot go after the money from hire co

please do a realy BAD popla appeal , one that you will loose , that way brittania will have to pay £27 + vat for appeal