New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Natwest rewards trade up

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
3 replies 587 views
Gary19621962Gary19621962 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
I have some about £100 worth of Natwest rewards and was thinking about trading up via Red Letter day. It looks like I can double the value. Is there a catch ?

thanks

gary

Replies

• ThePants999ThePants999 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    The only "catch" is that I think Red Letter Day fall into the category of companies whose business model revolves around combining high normal prices with lots of offers, so that they still make a decent profit on the discounted price but people feel they're getting a bargain. You can't combine the MyRewards vouchers with other offers, so effectively, you're getting this double-value in place of another offer you might have got. That's not really a catch - if there's something you can see that you think would be cheap at half the price, go for it.
  • deadendwaterfalldeadendwaterfall Forumite
    289 posts
    100 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Personally, I would just stick with the NatWest Rewards.
    :o
  • ThePants999ThePants999 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I would just stick with the NatWest Rewards.
    Trade-ups are part of the NatWest Rewards programme. I do wind up converting most of mine to cash, but if there are trade-ups you genuinely would have spent money on otherwise, they are a better way of using them. E.g. if you were about to buy a new fridge from Currys, using the "£100 voucher for £90 rewards" trade-up is a pretty painless way of getting slightly more out of rewards.