Options
13»

Comments

• Sassers
    Sassers Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 23 January 2020 at 11:53AM
    Options
    Hello my darlings – I just wanted to say such a big thank you for all your lovely and very helpful advice. It has really meant a lot me, and I have gone away to put my thinking cap on!
    I had a bit of a cry this week as well as a lot of sleep and being kind to myself but….I have some plans . :D:D:D
    It doesn’t include rubber squid (lol :rotfl::rotfl:) but I have booked myself a long weekend at a posh spa and hotel that overlooks the sea in west Wales. March is my birthday, my debt-free date and also for the first time ever, I will be having a manicure, pedicure, facial and a hot stone massage! :eek::eek::eek:
    I am so excited – I never would have dreamed that this type of ‘thing’ would be for me – I’ve spent years drilling, digging and renovating my house, so don’t get glam often due to paint, plaster, busted nails, and what have you. :cool::cool:
    Also I have never tried a professionally-made cocktail made by a barman either! You know, like the guy Merlin does in First Dates! :beer::beer::beer: OMG - I rarely drink so I'm gonna end up plastered. Perhaps they make the drinks in shot glasses instead. What do you think? lol
    I’m also hoping on my weekend that I will get to see a Dolphin or Porpoise in the sea outside the hotel – and have a think what to do in the next year or next couple of years as well.
    I can’t send each of you a postcard but I can post you a big Welsh cwtch. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for setting me on my way. It's not a whole life plan - but it's a start and I'm so grateful.
    Mwah and dodgy hugs :kisses::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
    Sassers xx
    PS: BelfastGirl - I am a numpty :rotfl:
    Current debt and mortgage: £25, 820.35 Debt/Mortgage at start: £92,598 (27/09/2010)
    DEBT FREE!
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You don,t need a whole life plan.

One day at a time should do very nicely ! You have the rest of your debt free life to hopefully come up with plenty of plans !
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
    Sassers wrote: »
    I have booked myself a long weekend at a posh spa and hotel that overlooks the sea in west Wales. March is my birthday, my debt-free date and also for the first time ever, I will be having a manicure, pedicure, facial and a hot stone massage! :eek::eek::eek:
    I am so excited – I never would have dreamed that this type of ‘thing’ would be for me – I’ve spent years drilling, digging and renovating my house, so don’t get glam often due to paint, plaster, busted nails, and what have you. :cool::cool:
    Also I have never tried a professionally-made cocktail made by a barman either!

PS: BelfastGirl - I am a numpty :rotfl:

Oh now that sounds like a TREAT! But also excellent reasons for a treat. We did something like that in a posh seafront hotel for a friend’s 50th (she insisted lol) and it was really amazing - though she was the only one having the full scale treatments. Enjoy it! And the cocktail :beer:

A cry seems perfectly in order and probably long overdue!

I am a numpty too - though we say eejit :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport