The Charity shop that's not a charity shop.

13»

Comments

• rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,234
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Could you look into whether any big organisations do something that you could be part of instead? I don't know much about it but don't Round Table do a lot of fundraising for charities? Could you be part of that instead of doing something very complicated on your own?
  • 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    rach_k wrote: »
    Could you look into whether any big organisations do something that you could be part of instead? I don't know much about it but don't Round Table do a lot of fundraising for charities? Could you be part of that instead of doing something very complicated on your own?
    you missed the part where the OP expects to make money for himself from the project he will control (hence i assume the need to be in control of it)

round table members give their time and money away, they do not get paid for being philanthropic
  • Mistral001
    Mistral001 Posts: 5,346
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    rach_k wrote: »

Good point. There are many charitable organisations who do work for good causes. Joining one of them or setting up a branch in your local area if there are none there at present could be an option.
  • The biggest (and most obvious?) problem with this idea for me is that I wouldn't donate stuff to a "charity" shop if I didn't know who the proceeds were going to benefit.

"Local community groups" is far too vague. Some I may wish to help, some I may not...
  • Chieveley
    Chieveley Posts: 415
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    We are fortunate enough to have The Good exchange locally. They run "pitch to the panel" to decide which charity gets a handout. Meanwhile they do matched funding, anything like this in your region? And I agree with the above poster. I like to donate to shops that do gift aid. https://thegoodexchange.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure