New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Caveat

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
2 replies 401 views
UnJustUnJust Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
Hi all

I just wanted to find out if there is a way of finding out if someone has put a caveat in to prevent probate being granted please?

Thanks

Replies

• Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    42.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your interest? Executor, beneficiary, just curious? I suspect only the executor(s) has / have a right to know but am not sure. Nothing obvious on a google.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • DoxDox Forumite
    3.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Unless the person placing the caveat notifies the proposed executors (there is no obligation to do so), the executors may not discover the caveat until they apply for the Grant of Probate.