Time to Change

edited 15 January 2020 at 2:17PM in Debt Free Diaries
4 replies 282 views
MattWoodmeadMattWoodmead Forumite
5 Posts
edited 15 January 2020 at 2:17PM in Debt Free Diaries
Hi all. I'm Matt and I have come here to turn things around.

First off, I just want to thank my gf Nicola :love: for supporting me and my sister (AmyWoodmead on this forum :wave:) for encouraging me to come on here and face my problems. I literally wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for you.

I have been in debt for my whole adult life, starting with student loans and then spending on credit cards at university and then taking on more debt and spending way beyond my means.

It got to the point where it all seemed so much that it just didn't seem to matter any more so I spent even more and just stopped caring.

But things have changed. I recently moved in with my partner and we want to buy a house and start a family so I want to publicly track my progress and I want to get out of debt and start saving for our first home.

My total debt, loans + credit cards stands at £11k (not including student loans which I treat differently).

With my new job and shared bills I should be able to save £300 a month. I will also be looking at what I can do to save more and earn more in my spare time.

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides