IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Collection letter for "cancelled" ticket

Help

I received a charge from I think Parking Eye for over staying a time limit in January 2017. I had actually tried to pay for parking that day, and my phone log showed the call, but for some reason their system hadn't taken payment. Because of this I acknowledged and argued the ticket and was told if I provided the phone bill showing the call it would be cancelled.
By the time the notice came through I'd changed phone companies so it took some time to be able to get the bill, but it was sent to them approx. 6 months later and I heard nothing further.
Today I received a pre enforcement letter because I haven't contacted or paid DCBL, bailiffs, to make payment of the debt.

Any advice on how to handle this? Given the length of time I am struggling to find the original correspondence ( I probably binned as it was supposedly resolved)

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    who told you it would be cancelled? do you have evidence of this cancellation?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    There is no debt unless a judge so orders it.

DCBL and DCB Legal are different parts of the same company. The former are debt collectors whereas the latter are the legal (solicitors and bailiffs) side of the operation.

If the letter is from the debt collection arm there will be a statement saying something they are not acting as court appointed bailiffs. If that is the case then it is safe to ignore.
    If however it is from the legal side then you need to take action.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Today I received a pre enforcement letter because I haven't contacted or paid DCBL, bailiffs, to make payment of the debt.
    Does the letter say you've already lost in court and ParkingEye got judgment?

Are you sure it was ParkingEye as I've not seen them use DCBL?

If this is NOT a case where you have a default court judgment, then simply email P/Eye like I tell people to do, at LBC stage with ParkingEye who will consider evidence and will cancel PCNs at LBC stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure