New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

uPVC Windows Quote

edited 19 January 2020 at 8:44PM in Is This Quote Fair?
4 replies 828 views
Jack4424Jack4424 Forumite
8 posts
edited 19 January 2020 at 8:44PM in Is This Quote Fair?
Can anyone please comment on whether £5000 is a reasonable quote for:

supply and fit 8 Upvc windows , (3 large 3 pane approx 1700x1000, 3 medium 2 pane (1150 x 1100), 2 small single pane (500 x 900).

I'm located near Gloucester

Thanks

Replies

• FrancesanneFrancesanne Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think you'd be wise to get several quotes. I'd get quotes from reputable local companies instead of the large national companies.
  • FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends. Does the quote include a contingency for lintels if they are required - An important point to check with older houses, as many of them used the wooden (and steel) frames to support the outer leaf of brickwork.

£5K for eight windows is not excessive depending on colour & number of openings. But much is subject to what is involved during the fitting. Always worth getting other quotes from local independent installers.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • walwyn1978walwyn1978 Forumite
    768 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Price is reasonably competitive, but check what warranty is offered - the last guy who was much cheaper to quote for our windows was offering a reduced warranty in comparison to the industry standard which I believe is 10 years 
  • thebaldwindowfitterthebaldwindowfitter Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    for the Manchester area i would be asking around £4200 for them in white upvc 2 side openers to wider windows and 1 each in all others 10 year insurance guarantee and fensa certificated this would not include lintels
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction