New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Buying Garden shed online

7 replies 716 views
Y2saveY2save Forumite
5 posts
I'm planning to buy a garden shed to store some garden equip, kids cycles etc as I don't have a garage.

My budget is £400 and the size will be a 6x6 or 6x7. Please point me to the right direction for a reliable brand which I can trust. I ruled out local sellers as the one's near my area are not very good in terms of the material and choice of selection.

I know I don't have much money to spend on £1k plus sheds. But I've found good selection of sheds like tiger sheds but some of the reviews are putting me off.

Any helpful suggestions will be of great help.

Replies

  • FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y2save wrote: »
    I know I don't have much money to spend on £1k plus sheds. But I've found good selection of sheds like tiger sheds but some of the reviews are putting me off.

    I have had two sheds from Tiger. Quality is OK(ish), but you get what you pay for. If you go for one with windows, the plastic they use turns yellow pretty quick. It is also well worth taking the time to lay a decent base - I used 100-150mm of hardcore topped with 50mm of concrete. Recycled the hardcore from some lime plaster ceilings I took down. Mixed the concrete by hand - Total cost, under £100.

    If you can afford it, go for a 6'x8' minimum and double doors - You'll appreciate the extra space.
    Her courage will change the world.

    Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Typhoon2000Typhoon2000 Forumite
    1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Keter is a decent brand. Their 6x6 should be within your budget.
  • Keter is a decent brand. Their 6x6 should be within your budget.

    I was looking at Ketter initially and really liked it, but later changed my mind after looking at the variety and options that are available if you choose to go for timber.
  • FreeBear wrote: »
    I have had two sheds from Tiger. Quality is OK(ish), but you get what you pay for. If you go for one with windows, the plastic they use turns yellow pretty quick. It is also well worth taking the time to lay a decent base - I used 100-150mm of hardcore topped with 50mm of concrete. Recycled the hardcore from some lime plaster ceilings I took down. Mixed the concrete by hand - Total cost, under £100.

    If you can afford it, go for a 6'x8' minimum and double doors - You'll appreciate the extra space.

    I've already got a base ie 7x7 so can't go over that. I was impressed by tiger but their colour is not very comfortable for me. Apart from that I've heard horror stories about their delivery service and the quality of material supplied in the recent past has gone down hill. I've heard it from mulitple sources.
  • dunrovingdunroving Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    "The colour is not very comfortable"? It's only a shed. Unless it is fluorescent green, why does the colour matter?

    At your price point, I'd focus on quality and forget colour.

    Himley Sheds are good if you are in the Midlands. (You didn't say where you are).
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    dunroving wrote: »
    "The colour is not very comfortable"? It's only a shed. Unless it is fluorescent green, why does the colour matter?


    All the sheds I have had came in a pinkish primer colour. A tin or two of dark oak preservative fixed that.
    Her courage will change the world.

    Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought a Ketter plastic shed rather than a wooden one,the reason - no painting/treating.only gets a wash down now and again.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support