London Travel Help

Thanks for reading . We are going to London soon . Staying by russel square / Corams field areas . so not too far to walk to Kings Cross & Euston . We (2 adults) Are heading to Wembly for a Saturday evening concert and returning after the event I expect around 11.30 . Can anyone give us good simple information on the best way and easiest to do . I have tried but info is saying 3 buses or Train /bus & walk . TIA
:cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:

Comments

• daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,517 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Citymapper app gives plenty of options.

Easiest is the 18 bus from Euston. £1.50 for 66 minutes!
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'd walk to Kings Cross and catch the Metropolitan line to Wembley Park (about 20 minutes).

There is a well organised queuing system at the station for the return trip - if you choose to leave a bit before the end of the concert the queues are a lot shorter.
  • Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    After concerts it's better to get a bus if you can, but the road network is amended around the stadium/arena on event nights so can be confusing.

If you don't fancy the bus, the tube is the safest option, just be prepared to queue to get into the station on the way back!
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Just an update . No need to worry over the journey from Hotel to Wembley . 10 mins walk to king cross . metro line straight there and back about 15mins . Through the gates with contactless . All went well and enjoyed a good band without worry . thanks all
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport