New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Ikea pax wardrobes question

9 replies 1K views
fairy2fairy2 Forumite
161 posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
I am hoping there are some Ikea experts out there. I have spoken to Ikea customer services today twice to discuss sliding door wardrobes. I got two different answers and both assistants said they were not sure they knew the correct answers so not envisaging buying on that basis.

I have 2 questions:

1. I have a 320 cm gap. I assume this means I have to buy 3, 100 cm carcasses but I cannot seem to find any 100 cm doors? I do not really want the larger 150 cm doors. We definitely bought 100 cm doors 2 years ago so maybe I am missing them on the website. If I do find them does the system work with 3 doors or does this system only work with pairs of doors?

2. Failing the above is it possible just to buy the sliding doors and a separate track and create a fake wall of sliding doors as opposed to having carcasses - many other places such as Homebase, B&Q and Wickes do this but I prefer the Ikea doors.

Thanks very much.

Replies