How long for Official Receiver to grant DRO

I'm currently going through the DRO process and have been told by Stepchange that it's going to the drafting team and I should have my barcode to pay the £90 fee

Once it's paid how long does it take to grant DRO, I've read on some websites it's 48 hours and on others 10 working days.

Is there a set timescale

Thanks

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    It’s the insolvency service not the official receiver, they deal with bankruptcy.
    It depends on the intermediary you are using, most have a backlog at the moment, mine took 48 hours, but that was 4 years ago, I think the average is a few weeks now.

Makes no difference, debt collection takes forever to complete, you’ll be fine.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Thanks

I applied for a DRO the week before Christmas and the guy from Stepchange said that the drafting team are all up to date and my application is ready to go to them so I can pay the fee

It'll be such a relief as I don't know how many times I've told Capital one that I'm seeking advice from Stechange, I've told them about the DRO and they're still calling me up to 8 times a day, the sooner they shove off the better, they've been unhelpful in the extreme
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Once the intermediary presses the button the DRO is generally approved 2 days later. How long it takes the intermediary to do that depends on workload.

At the moment there is a glitch at the DRO team and cases are on hold so this week/next week may take longer.
  • 1977dave
    1977dave Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks for replying

Is the glitch at the DRO at Stepchange or IS

Many thanks
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    It was at the insolvency service, now fixed.
  • 1977dave
    My DRO application was submitted today, so already feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders :)
  • TRX808
    TRX808 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well done! Can start fresh and stress free new chapter in your life now!

I'm currently waiting for my DRO application pack so could you please let me know your timetable? When did you start the process?

So I can have a rough idea how long it would take.

My monthly payments are coming up so in just wondering if should wait until things are bit clear or just send creditors emails asking for a "breathing space"

Thanks in advance
  • 1977dave
    Thank you :)

I started the process on 23rd December, bit of to and fro with information from Stepchange, everything was confirmed on 13th Jan and passed to the drafting team, got the agreement and barcode yesterday, called them straightaway and they submitted it there and then, so about a month, which isn't too bad considering we've had Christmas and New Year
  • TRX808
    TRX808 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thank you! :)
  • My DRO was granted yesterday, just checked the Insolvency Service Register and I'm on there.....I feel a lot better about things and first steps on the road to becoming debt free
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure