New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Car part from Poland how to pay?

2 replies 482 views
merc_fintailmerc_fintail Forumite
41 posts
Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
Hi all

I have quite a rare 4wd van and parts are not easy to come by. There is a small polish company on facebook (vanconcept) who services and works on my model and they have listed a front drive / axle that I need.

I have messaged them and they have given me a price of £1700 euro with delivery.

They have asked me to send a bank transfer but I want some protection really.

They have given me thier paypal email also but asked me for the 3.5 percent fees on top, which i dont mind.

Will paypal protect me if this thing doesnt turn up?

Or is there an insurence I can pay to protect a bank transfer?

They dont have card payment facilities.

Thanks Paul.

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

I have quite a rare 4wd van and parts are not easy to come by. There is a small polish company on facebook (vanconcept) who services and works on my model and they have listed a front drive / axle that I need.

I have messaged them and they have given me a price of £1700 euro with delivery.

They have asked me to send a bank transfer but I want some protection really.

They have given me thier paypal email also but asked me for the 3.5 percent fees on top, which i dont mind.

Will paypal protect me if this thing doesnt turn up?

Or is there an insurence I can pay to protect a bank transfer?

They dont have card payment facilities.

Thanks Paul.

If you send a 'full' payment via paypal for named goods then you are covered. make sure you name the exact goods you are expecting .
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it my browser or do they not have an address or phone number on their website?

OK.. Seems to be several companies using the same name or a variation of that name..

Send money by bank transfer and its like sending cash. If they dont deliver then the money is gone.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...