Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Santander to slash 123 account interest and shake up overdrafts - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Santander to slash 123 account interest and shake up overdrafts

edited 14 January at 9:48AM in Savings & Investments
69 replies 6.3K views

Replies

• surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Got 2 x 123 acs? Set up £500 DD on each?
    Is it possible to set up two separate dds to pay one mortgage?
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • pip895pip895 Forumite
    897 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    One mortgage paid by two different people is possible...
  • AudaxerAudaxer Forumite
    2.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. That's a pain as we've got three 123 accounts with them, so I will definitely move two of them, but I'll probably keep the main one as it is used as a normal current account with all our DDs etc. rather than as just a savings account.
  • soulsaversoulsaver Forumite
    3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    pip895 wrote: »
    One mortgage paid by two different people is possible...
    For sure.. but can't see why 2 DDs for one person on 2 bank acs wouldn't be possible either.
  • talexusertalexuser Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The cashback limit applies to 123 lite too. I never get to £5 in each DD but the £12 a year is still paid for with profit left over still so worth it compared to a current a/c without cashback. The glory days of a few years ago are really over.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • pip895pip895 Forumite
    897 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite surprised its lasted this long really. I will probably get rid of two of the three accounts we have - I wonder what better options we will have by May though - rates are dire and getting worse all round.:(
  • Zero_SumZero_Sum Forumite
    1.6K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Full fat 123 was never that great anyway. Now its just pointless.
    123 lite is still a great bills account & actually still the leader in that market
  • ColdIronColdIron Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it paid 3% on £40,000 (you could have 2 of them) and got £1,200 for £48 (£2 monthly fee) it was the best account out there. Nothing else came close for 'easy access'
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    soulsaver wrote: »
    For sure.. but can't see why 2 DDs for one person on 2 bank acs wouldn't be possible either.

Because one person cannot have two accounts. They can have one and a joint one, though
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • SuperscroogeSuperscrooge Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    The Premium Bond prize fund interest rate of 1.4% is now looking very competitive.

Sadly I expect an announcement that this too will be reduced in the next few weeks.