Selling Nintendo Wii bundle

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
10 replies 1K views
pramsay13pramsay13 Forumite
1.5K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gaming MoneySaving
As a family we had a Nintendo Wii and built up a full collection of games and accessories.

Now that the kids are a bit older we have got a different console so we are looking to sell the Wii.

What is the best way to sell it and where: everything as a bundle or separate, facebook marketplace, ebay, trade in game store?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• SweetPotatoPieSweetPotatoPie Forumite
    221 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Honestly, they are not worth much. Probably as a bundle on FB market place or similar.
  • FtbDreamingFtbDreaming Forumite
    939 Posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Put it on fb as a bundle but you'll probably struggle to give it away. They're just too old and worthless
    Mortgage started August 2020 £69,700
    Mortgage ends Aug 2050 MFW: Aug 2027 (Now: Sep 2049)
    Current Balance: £66,300
    MFW2020 #156 £723.13/£2000
    MFW2021 #26 £895.51/£2500
    Emergency fund £701.70/£1000
    House fund £1001.24/£3500

Determined to make it! 
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to agree with previous posters. They turn up a lot in charity shops and bundles are usually sold for around the £20 mark. if you have the fit board and all that guff, you may get a little more
  • dan958dan958 Forumite
    770 Posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Just go through ebay and check sold listings of each of the games you have, just to make sure you do not have any rarer games that are worth something. Then just whack the lot on FB marketplace.
  • SuperPikachuSuperPikachu Forumite
    344 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    What games do you have? Some are actually worth decent money still.

I'd recommend FB too though, no ebay charges and you can just have them pick up or you drop off.
  • pramsay13pramsay13 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I've got about 40 games, 4 controllers and nunchuks, Wii fit, 3 Skylanders games with portals and around 40 figures, Disney infinity with portal and around 10 figures.
  • SuperPikachuSuperPikachu Forumite
    344 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Well if you have any Mario/Zelda games then just check up on the 'ebay sold' prices so you don't go mugging yourself off.

My guesstimate of what you have said without knowing every game you have would be £50+
  • CyclamenCyclamen Forumite
    550 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I bought a wii bundle just after christmas... 30 games, 2 wheels, controllers, 2 nunchucks, some of those skylander monsters and the platform, microphone, board etc... for £60... seemed a good deal compared to ebay sold listings and had mario carts and land.

Then sold a few of the games i didnt want to 'webuybooks' and got £10 and a few pennies back. Have some more games to try that way too.

i'dsay give it a go on facebook
  • teddysmumteddysmum Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buyers like CEX pay a pittance on buying the games but sell some at 10 times the buying in price, so any I don't want will go to charity.

Have a look at CEX's selling prices (you can choose a list in price order) to see which games are 'valuable'. I want Pikmin 2 but refuse to pay £18 for a game I saw go from £8, to £14, then £18 and £20, but it's down to £18 again, so I'll wait.

Skylanders packs are fetching quite high prices.
  • pramsay13pramsay13 Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just a wee update for anyone else that is looking.
    I had a look on ebay and picked out the best games and sold them for around £10 each so over £100 on these games.
    I then sold everything else for £150 on facebook marketplace.
    So a bit more effort but sold everything for over £250.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals