IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Witness Statement VCS

Comments

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Don't use registered post (even though it doesn't exist any more) just post from a post office with a proof of posting certificate. If this is your WS and evidence then it is best handed in to the court. You can of course post to the claimants or by e-mail if permitted.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    If it is a WS with evidence and a costs schedule, use a file and hand deliver to court, and just post the paperwork in a heap to VCS - no file, just a pile!

Search the forum for ring binder to see this discussed a hundred times.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Post the above into a new thread of your own , then edit the above , deleting the text and adding the word Ignore instead
  • Oh ok. Thanks for the advice. I was only asking for someone else's opinion or input into the matter who may have dealt with something similar.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    No problem , you will get plenty of opinions when you post your own thread , as per forum rules
  • All filed now, off to the post office and Court to hand deliver.

Will update forum of the outcome.

Thank you for the invaluable time you have put in supporting with drafting the WS.
  • Good Afternoon

I have rang the court to check if the file has been received as I hand delivered it on 21/01/2020 and they said it will take up to 10days before they are processed.

I checked my claim on Moneyclaim online and there are no updates.

Is there anything I need to do as I did not get a receipt from Court as evidence of delivery.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    MCOL will of course have no updates. Once it goes to a local court its out of their hands.

WHy did you not get a receipt?
    You could file a certificate of service with the court, stating the date you hand delivered it.
  • I was told to post the file through into the Postal port at the entrance to the Court and they informed all files will be collected at 12pm and 4pm each day.

No receipts are issued.

I am panicking now, is this not the normal practice/

What do I need to do now to file certificate of service please.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    No, stop panicking! You followed instructions. If the court complains then you can point out you followed instructions.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/688525/n215-eng.pdf

ONly if you want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport