Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 May 2017 at 12:08PM
    Options
    Am assuming you will only be able to have one Reg Saver ISA paying 4% and not multiples paying 4% ( thinking about the split element )

*obs would be too good to be true*

If they allow people to open a multiple accounts with no limit paying 4% they will soon be bankrupt. You will not be able to open multiple RS ISA anyway ...
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    If they allow people to open a multiple accounts with no limit paying 4% they will soon be bankrupt. You will not be able to open multiple RS ISA anyway ...

Putting aside the RS terms, Ford operate with multiple accounts in a single ISA wrapper so you wouldn't be breaking any ISA rules by doing so.
    But as you say it would be fool hardy to allow more than 1 of each type
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So the maximum input I can have to Ford on Monday is (single person), 1 x RS £400 and 1 x ISA £400 - yes ?
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    So the maximum input I can have to Ford on Monday is (single person), 1 x RS £400 and 1 x ISA £400 - yes ?

It's £250 not £400. They might restrict it to one of either the ISA or non-ISA version.
  • Nationwide8
    Nationwide8 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Hung up my suit!
    edited 20 May 2017 at 2:57PM
    Options
    Flexible saver set up,painless really maybe 10-15 mins to put in info.Had to phone with address ques,phone answered within a couple of rings,friendly and efficient.
    Account is up and running after about a hour.

Just see on Monday if you can have both Reg Saver and ISA Reg Saver or just one.(at a £250 pay in monthly for 12 months )
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone who recently opened a Ford Money account paid money into it? I sent a payment last night but it hasn't appeared in my Ford account yet. I wasn't expecting instant transfers, but was hoping it wouldn't take until the next working day to show up either. Just hoping I've not credited someone else's account ;) Although having to add your surname after the account number in the reference field must be asking for trouble - do you leave a space or not, is there a limit to the length of surname, what about accounts in joint names... :huh:

The only issue I had was the account summary page doesn't have a 'print' facility, and using print from the browser's menu produces a print with only part of the displayed information included. For example there is only white space where the account numbers should appear. This is a shame as it is sometimes useful to be able to print the account summary page to have a record of accounts and balances - the only way of doing it with Ford Money appears to be printing off each account on a separate page. (Unless this is a browser specific issue, I use Firefox)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Has anyone who recently opened a Ford Money account paid money into it? I sent a payment last night but it hasn't appeared in my Ford account yet. I wasn't expecting instant transfers, but was hoping it wouldn't take until the next working day to show up either.

Deposits received after 4pm or on a non business day won't show on your account until the next working day, however, interest will still be accrued from when it is received.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Has anyone who recently opened a Ford Money account paid money into it? I sent a payment last night but it hasn't appeared in my Ford account yet. I wasn't expecting instant transfers, but was hoping it wouldn't take until the next working day to show up either. Just hoping I've not credited someone else's account ;) Although having to add your surname after the account number in the reference field must be asking for trouble - do you leave a space or not, is there a limit to the length of surname, what about accounts in joint names... :huh:

The only issue I had was the account summary page doesn't have a 'print' facility, and using print from the browser's menu produces a print with only part of the displayed information included. For example there is only white space where the account numbers should appear. This is a shame as it is sometimes useful to be able to print the account summary page to have a record of accounts and balances - the only way of doing it with Ford Money appears to be printing off each account on a separate page. (Unless this is a browser specific issue, I use Firefox)

Re paying in, my initial payment into a recently opened Flexible Saver hasn't appeared yet either. Not worried though, I assume it will soon.

Re the reference plus surname. The initial account confirmation they sent me only suggested pay-ins needed just the reference, no mention of surname (so I didn't give them one when paying in my test fiver). A later email suggested pay-ins needed the ref plus surname, but I assume, from the first communication and from the fact they give no format (spaces etc) for the surname, that just the reference will do. But as my payment hasn't appeared yet I could be wrong...

Re browser, I had trouble getting past the initial opening screen in Chrome as the Captcha image wouldn't load, even after turning off adblockers and ghostery and refreshing repaetedly. So I switched to Firefox, which worked fine, for that bit at least. Seems they haven't quite got their cross-browser compatibility fully sorted.,
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks isasmurf and Zanderman. I'll just have to be a bit more patient. I was hoping to get £250 transferred and ready to pop straight in to the RS on Monday.
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Re the reference plus surname. The initial account confirmation they sent me only suggested pay-ins needed just the reference, no mention of surname (so I didn't give them one when paying in my test fiver). A later email suggested pay-ins needed the ref plus surname...

It was the same with my emails, but I didn't try paying in until after the second one so knew of the apparent need for surname. We'll just have to wait until Monday to know for sure - unless the computer system crashes in the stampede for new accounts ;)

I was getting odd things appearing on the screen even with Firefox, but a reload on non-critical pages seemed to sort it out.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stupid question: why is everyone opening flexible accounts at Ford Money? Are they prerequistites for the regular saver? Can you open a regualr saver without one?

(I can't see the actual account terms anyway on their website, so can't check this out for myself)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure