New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Subway 2020 Menu Changes

4 replies 1.2K views
CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
15.4K posts
Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
✭✭✭✭✭
Subway menu changes for 2020 include:-

- Meatless Meatball Marinara - 4 Vegan "Meatballs" in Marinara sauce. £3.39 for 6 inch sub.

- Mini Bites - various fillings in small rolls. £1.29

- Saver Subs are now Meat Feast, Ham or Veggie Delight (just cheese & salad). £2.59

As always with Subway, local franchisee prices may vary.
Ex Board Guide

Replies

• FosterdogFosterdog Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will they be giving away free samples of these new meatless meatballs?
  • JsackerJsacker Forumite
    340 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    Will they be giving away free samples of these new meatless meatballs?

Do they ever give away free samples?! I wouldn't mind trying them but feel cheeky asking!

That being said, assuming this isn't a regional thing, there is an offer currently on the app where you get 300 sub points if you buy one of them before 31st January. That's over halfway towards a free 6 inch sub which costs 500 points (maybe more if they award 35 or so for the purchase as well, or 70 if you have double points activated, and +50 if you are in a subsquad and your friend purchases one).
  • CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they do free samples, but you can ask.

I tried the Vegan "Meat"balls for lunch the other day, and they are very good. The flavour is virtually identical to the Meatballs (presumably the herbs and the tomato sauce are very similar). The texture is slightly drier than the Meatballs although it is similarly granular (same ground meat texture). The Vegan "Meat"balls are slightly bigger and somewhat rounder than the meatballs, so there's perhaps slightly better VFM there. You get 4 in a 6 inch sub (a massive 8 in a footlong).

I didn't try the Vegan "Cheese" as it looked a bit anaemic, and I was having a coffee with cow's milk anyway.
    Ex Board Guide
  • dekaspacedekaspace Forumite
    5.7K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    There is a free sample sign at the counter of my local branch.

I did try the cheese, it was that smelly feet type cheese smell and taste.