New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

Please check the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the confirmed info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

For any specific Coronavirus related queries please post on the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Woolacombe area

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments
4 replies 886 views
joshparker1911joshparker1911 Forumite
40 posts
10 Posts Second Anniversary
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments
Looking to book a sun/break free holiday for the Woolacombe area. We've been twice before staying at Woolacombe sands and Woolacombe Bay. Really enjoyed Woolacombe Bay, especially the heated outdoor pool which my toddler loved. Looking at the sun there isn't any £15 only dates for Woolacombe Bay so it got me looking at their sister parks, golden coast and Twitchen house both who have dates in June . Has anybody visited and could give me somw comparison/advice. Reviews seem okay for all three just wondered if anybody had any personal experience. Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies

• pickledonionspaceraiderpickledonionspaceraider Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Following x
    With love, POSR <3
  • pickledonionspaceraiderpickledonionspaceraider Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking to book a sun/break free holiday for the Woolacombe area. We've been twice before staying at Woolacombe sands and Woolacombe Bay. Really enjoyed Woolacombe Bay, especially the heated outdoor pool which my toddler loved. Looking at the sun there isn't any £15 only dates for Woolacombe Bay so it got me looking at their sister parks, golden coast and Twitchen house both who have dates in June . Has anybody visited and could give me somw comparison/advice. Reviews seem okay for all three just wondered if anybody had any personal experience. Any help would be much appreciated.

So you thought Woolacombe Bay was the best out of the two?

I don't have any advice to be honest, but was looking at the same last night x
    With love, POSR <3
  • joshparker1911joshparker1911 Forumite
    40 posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Yes we preferred Woolacombe Bay over sands, just a fresher more up to date park and caravan and the heated pool and slide were a winner with my little lad. But when we went to Woolacombe sands we did take the dog so probably got put in a worse caravan for that reason.
  • edited 3 January at 9:29PM
    alexdpalexdp Forumite
    8 posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 3 January at 9:29PM
    Have been to twitchen house a couple of times, it's the first one you get to, so easy for a day out. The cinema I thought was excellent, perhaps surprisingly.

Accommodation is a mix of old and new, so had an new "silver" caravan on promotion with central heating, double glazing, etc and an old "gold" caravan most recently, single glazed, bedroom fans and and thus a little chilly the end of October.

Having walked past all of them, none are obviously poor or the best holiday park anywhere in the world, so I'd go on which ones have the facilities you are after and it will be fine.