IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking Disabled badge FINE!

Options
Hi guys :) this is my first post so still getting to terms with it all..

My mother (who is disabled) received a fine in the post for a smart parking car park on a retail park where she overstayed her free parking time (4 hours free). She didn't realise on the day there was a time limit on the parking and she also had her blue badge on her dashboard. And the weather was Awful!! on the day.. I know this doesn't make a difference but it takes her that much longer to get around in the bad weather.

From what I've made out she should just ignore the fine and any other debt letters that might come but i'm not sure.. Any advice on this situation would be really helpful :j

Happy New Year!! :beer: :snow_laug

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    RedRabbit wrote: »
    From what I've made out she should just ignore the fine and any other debt letters that might come but i'm not sure.. Any advice on this situation would be really helpful :j

Happy New Year!! :beer: :snow_laug
    Where did you get the idea to; "just ignore"?
    Who gave you the idea this is a "fine"?
    Have you read the newbies thread yet?

RedRabbit wrote: »
    I know this doesn't make a difference but it takes her that much longer to get around in the bad weather.

Who told you this does not make a difference?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Please read the NEWBIES thread and complain to the retailer managers, then send the template appeal everyone sends.

This is why we have the sticky thread. No-one says to ignore (except if you are in Scotland and that is changing, and the complaint to the retailer is for EVERY case).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The EA 2010 should be mentioned in the retailer of landowner complaint

Even if the BB was relevant on private property , the usual restriction is 3 hours , not 4 , although being private land it's the signage plus EA 2010 that apply

We have no idea which idiot told you it's a fine , because it's a parking charge notice , an invoice

Ignore of a PCN is a foolish choice , it should be appealed to the parking company , then taken to Popla

Ignoring the later ones from debt collectors is advisable , regardless

So

Step 1 , a landowner or managing agent or retailer complaint

Step 2 , an appeal as keeper to Smart

Step 3 , a popla appeal if a code is provided

3 simple steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income