PPI (Egg) Not even acknowledged

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help please.

I first started trying to find out if I had PPI (Egg) back in March of this year (2019). I filled out the online form and submitted. Within a week I had received a postal letter acknowledging and requesting photographic proof of my married and maiden surnames - plus all addresses - I dutifully sent these and they were backed up and signed by a Solicitor.

I received another postal letter with my original letter and photo documents back and stating they would be in touch when they had any information for me.

It's now the end of December, and I have still heard nothing. I have contacted Citibank (who are now dealing with the Canada square/egg blah blah accounts) who were as much help as a chocolate TeaPot!

They just said that I could either keep waiting or, I could e-mail and attach all the paperwork with all the reference/account numbers they have assigned me.

SO, I emailed them in the middle of October and have not had a response from this. I'm really annoyed by this and it seems that if they come back to me at some point saying 'Yes you did have PPI, and yes it was mis-sold, but sorry luv, it's gone passed the claim point'.

Can anyone please, offer me any advise, help - anything?

Many Thanks
Delilah

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 December 2019 at 10:20PM
    Delilah_75 wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed by this and it seems that if they come back to me at some point saying 'Yes you did have PPI, and yes it was mis-sold, but sorry luv, it's gone passed the claim point'.

You seem a bit confused. Your complaint HAS been acknowledged. Twice in fact.

And they can't come back and say the bit of dialogue you've made up above, as you complained before the deadline.

You just need to wait for them to work through the cases.
  • It's worth noting that any delay will also increase the amount of compensatory interest you are due - and since it is at 8% simple, it is more interest than you could earn elsewhere (like in a savings account).

It may be frustrating to have to wait but in the long run it does you no harm.
  • It's worth noting that any delay will also increase the amount of compensatory interest you are due
    That assumes that the OP's complaint will be successful, of course, and also that the OP had PPI in the first place. The OP does not know.
  • Thanks moneyineptitude - that's exactly right.

Thanks xz81 - they've acknowledged that they've received my letter, yes, but they haven't acknowledged whether or not I have PPI.

There are people that have contacted them in July and August who have already heard back with a 'yes you do' and a 'no you don't'.

That's all I need to know - if I DO or DON'T have PPI - that's what they haven't acknowledged.
  • Delilah_75 wrote: »
    That's all I need to know - if I DO or DON'T have PPI - that's what they haven't acknowledged.
    Certainly they should have answered this query by now if you first asked in March 2019. However, it's also true that they are snowed under with a backlog from the massive influx of late complaints due to the August deadline.

You sent proof of your identity and former addresses, but did you sent any evidence of having had any accounts with this bank? How long ago are we talking about?

Realise that the longer ago this was the less likely that there will be any records at all of your account. Realise also that it was not somehow "wrong" to have PPI, so even if you did have it you'd still have to show it was somehow mis-sold.

Perhaps your most recent correspondence has not been sent to the correct E-Mail address? In your situation, I'd write to them one final time providing all the relevant information and if you still fail to get a response then enlist the aid of the Ombudsman.

• Perhaps your most recent correspondence has not been sent to the correct E-Mail address? In your situation, I'd write to them one final time providing all the relevant information and if you still fail to get a response then enlist the aid of the Ombudsman.

It's the e-mail address that I was provided with when I spoke to the call handler and corresponds with the one on their website.
    Thanks
  • Delilah_75 wrote: »
    It's the e-mail address that I was provided with when I spoke to the call handler and corresponds with the one on their website.
    As I said, send them the details by post and see what happens...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure