Vanquis

Options
So I currently have a Vanquis credit card, that I have had now for over a year. Had one credit increase in that time, up to £1000 now.
I am wondering how long it will be before I am able to look for a balance transfer card on this?
My balance is around £600.
My issue is not paying this card off, I am doing that just now, I just thought my credit score and likelihood of a better APR card would be coming up, since its been a year I have had the card and never missed a payment and such.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Your “score” isn’t a factor you should be looking to improve as lenders don’t see it.

Why are you carrying a balance on what is presumably a high APR card?
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    bri90bri wrote: »
    So I currently have a Vanquis credit card, that I have had now for over a year. Had one credit increase in that time, up to £1000 now.
    I am wondering how long it will be before I am able to look for a balance transfer card on this?
    My balance is around £600.

It's a how long is a piece of string answer.

£1,000 is a very low limit. It suggests you have poor or little credit history.

Are you carrying a balance of around £600 from one month to the next and not paying off your statement balance in full?

If so, that isn't doing you any favours. It suggests your £1,000 limit is as much credit as you can handle.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bri90bri wrote: »
    I just thought my credit score and likelihood of a better APR card would be coming up
    This suggests you're monitoring likelihood of acceptance with the MSE eligibility checker and/or directly with a CRA?

Why not approach your bank for a BT card?...the bank that receives your income and pays your bills. They know more about your finances than any eligibility checker and CRA 'score' generator ever will.

Presumably the Vanquis balance is coming down? If not, you have bigger issues to deal with than simply transferring the debt elsewhere!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure