We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

2020++ - smiling and waving and looking so fine

1…3839414344…187

Comments

  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Congrats on the bonus, continued weightloss and driving down your debt balance. You are doing consistently well. 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • EchoB
    EchoB Posts: 124
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just caught up on the last 3 months, you’ve made fantastic progress :smiley:


  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Thanks SH and EchoB - yes definitely 3 steps forward and only 2 steps back at the moment - looking forward to my work ending Friday week than 2.5 weeks off and I'll see if I can beat DIA in an end of year (prob start of 2021) frog eating competition.
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wow this I'd like to see. Frog eating LOL. I've got a few of my own to do!
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Let's have a frog off !!
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    LOL - my frogs all feel far too huge - I'm putting most off until I break up for xmas... but I think I will still want to run away.... 
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 8,221
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well apparently my November payment on my car loan was my last - and Sainsbods bank has even auto deleted the DD - which is a shame as I take great enjoyment in deleting DDs.

    So I have been loan free since mid November and now have a £500 xmas bonus - which is nice.  Just CC2 to go

    Sorry for keeping you in the dark, but I was in there with you 
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Just caught up on your diary , what a great hole you have made in the debt , not long before debt free apart from the mortgage. Plus your weight loss is great , how much more do you want to lose ? 
    Life is an adventure, never stop exploring.

  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Woohoo to waving goodbye to car debt. Good you have extra funds for xmas.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.