Anyone recommend which poop bags to buy

edited 29 December 2019 at 6:49PM in Pets & Pet Care
12 replies 1.2K views
DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
40.4K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 29 December 2019 at 6:49PM in Pets & Pet Care
I'm after poop bags, not sure how much to spend, is there a particular brand fellow mse members always go for.

Is there a particular website you buy your accessories eg flea treatments from ?

Replies

• MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    12.8K Posts
    10,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wilkos poo bags, as they are thick enough to not have your fingers go through them (think they were 50p)! Good for dog bowls etc too. Usual cost is about £1 per item.

Flea treatment I get from pets at home or a supermarket. As I'm a loyalty point gal :D
  • tacpot12tacpot12 Forumite
    6.1K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Aldi nappy sacks.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    26.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pound shop ones are normally fine.
    Flea treatments from the vet. Don't touch flea collars or cheap flea treatments with a bargepole. The last time I used one it caused an open sore on the dog's neck overnight.
    Pets at home are overpriced for pretty much everything.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wilkos poo bags, as they are thick enough to not have your fingers go through them (think they were 50p)! Good for dog bowls etc too. Usual cost is about £1 per item.

Flea treatment I get from pets at home or a supermarket. As I'm a loyalty point gal :D

Ill see if I can get to Wilkos.

tacpot12 wrote: »
    I use Aldi nappy sacks.

Yes Ive heard nappy sacks as a good option.

elsien wrote: »
    Pound shop ones are normally fine.
    Flea treatments from the vet. Don't touch flea collars or cheap flea treatments with a bargepole. The last time I used one it caused an open sore on the dog's neck overnight.
    Pets at home are overpriced for pretty much everything.

Ok points noted.
  • BattybirdBattybird Forumite
    315 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Tesco Everyday Value nappy bags. 300 in the pack. Couldn't remember the price so just looked on their website and they cost 35p.

They smell lovely (well, before you use them :D )
  • RelievedSheffRelievedSheff Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We use the Tesco poo bags. Think they cost about £1 for 75.

Flea treatments and worming treatments we get from our vets as part of the health care plan.
  • edited 30 December 2019 at 11:11AM
    LegacoidLegacoid Forumite
    61 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts
    edited 30 December 2019 at 11:11AM
    I normally get ours from Poundstretcher but by the sound of it the next lot will be nappy bags (thank you tacpot12 and Battybird!)

Flea-wise, currently I get Effipro from VetUK
  • couriervanmancouriervanman Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭

"as they are thick enough to not have your fingers go through them"........:eek:
  • Claddagh_NoirCladdagh_Noir Forumite
    167 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    I get the simple nappy bags from Asda, I think there are about 300 in the pack.
  • oystercatcheroystercatcher Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Value nappy sacks from whichever supermarket I happen to be in 30p ish for 100. Fine for small dogs , if I had a massive beast I might buy the regular non value own brand nappy sacks as they are slightly larger.

I have never ever had fingers go through any nappy bag in 30 odd years of dog owning !

We pay for a monthly plan at vets which covers vacc's, flea and worm and a discount of various meds and treatments etc £12 a month for small dogs more for larger beasts. Saved loads off the oldies regular meds.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides