No money

My daughter has decided to live with her father. It was on a trial period but she has been there for six months now and he is asking CSA to get maintenance from me without discussing with me first. I have recently changed jobs to less hours and closer to home and I no longer receive child benefit or his maintenance which was sporadic at best meaning I am on less income and literally have no money at the end of the month to pay anything to him. I have two loans and an ever increasing credit card bill which I use for food shopping. HMRC have informed me that I did not pay enough tax (rather my employer did not) a couple of years ago and from April will have to pay them back £37 a month for a year. So I am struggling and scared and unsure what to do. ....

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,287
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Post a breakdown of your finances , we call it an SOA

Total income per month and then all outgoings on bills , credit cards etc.

People will suggest areas where you may cut back
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Link for an SOA here - format for MSE https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits" Thomas Edison
    Following the Martin mantra "Earn more, have less debt, improve credit worthiness" :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure