Travel insurance

Options
Hello. We have a world trip booked which is 92days in length and I’m struggling to find an annual policy that covers up to that length and to include my asthma
Can anybody recommend a company to us please . We are 61 /60 so the young backpackers isn’t an option

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try Staysure.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    Does it have to be an annual policy/
    Have you spoken to any insurer or just applying and being knocked back because you don't fit any of the boxes you tick?

Do you have a current policy - will they cover you for an additional premium?
  • chatty123
    Options
    Thankyou I do have an existing one and it’s due for renewal mid January but the max days are 90 and I need 92. I will call and try to extend I was just wondering if anybody else had other insurers to try too for quotes
    Not found any by googling so far who do a92 day cover unless I do a single trip policy for both my holidays
    Appreciate your reply thank you
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Saga could be worth trying - they are more used to people taking long holidays than some. One quirk I have noticed with them is that taking out a year's travel insurance can be considerably cheaper than insuring a single holiday.

Googling and comparison sites aren't suitable for out of the ordinary requirements, you need to talk to the companies directly. You may well find they can give you a bespoke quote for your particular circumstances. This morning I did this with Staysure.
  • worn_out
    worn_out Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2019 at 9:35AM
    Options
    I'm having the same problem so am glad I'm not alone. I will be 70 next spring and that's added to my problem getting 90+ days travel insurance (with my declared medical issues). Many on the search engines just decline outright after you've filled in all your data, and others are quoting £800+ ..

It seems the annual policies (mutli trip) are all restricted to 30 days, the single trips 95% won't do more than 30 or 60 days,,and the rest stop at 90 days. Even those that will offer 90+ days you've to read the conditions and see how little is actually covered... I tried staysure and they quoted £286 so I'd probably have to fork out that, even though it's for the EU and I still (for now) have the use ofmy EHIC NHS cover until Brexit .

One thing I did look at was the EU Visa website which has links to their recommended insurers for those using the visa route. They have teamed up with Axa and Europassist (I think) who provide long stay policies at a very reasonable price but when I read the detail it suggests you actually can only apply if you're applying for a Visa to travel. This might be the route next year (2021)but at the moment we don't need a visa...I supposeI could apply anyway but then you have to pay for the visa...assuming they'd give you one if you were already an EU citizen.

Here's a link anyway .https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/?fbclid=IwAR3oMaJVNaAlLSFLPRw2wk-X2L_h4gCjJvOViQ0j_f9088oBXWACbtPtOjU

it's the Shengen Insurance insurance section on the menu, on the left near the bottom..let me know what you think..

edit, sorry just seen you're looking for world insurance...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure