Discrepancies in Score Creditclub vs ExperianCreditMatcher

Dear All,
I note that there are discrepancies in the credit score between what is updated in CreditClub and in ExperianCreditMatcher site. Any idea why would this be the case?

Any one experienced this before and whom do I contact for this?

Thanks,
Kumar

Comments

• Yes. We know the scores are not the same. But since a typical lender neither sees nor uses your score, it doesn't really matter. They will use the data recorded in your credit file instead. :)

Edit: And welcome to the forum Kumar :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • sportsarb
    sportsarb Posts: 1,069
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    A credit score is usually a snapshot taken on a certain date, even when using the same agency, the dates might differ on each report and would include more or less depending on which is earlier/later.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,821
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    kumar84 wrote: »
    Dear All,
    I note that there are discrepancies in the credit score between what is updated in CreditClub and in ExperianCreditMatcher site. Any idea why would this be the case?

Any one experienced this before and whom do I contact for this?

Thanks,
    Kumar
    It is down to timing. MSE Credit Club and Experian Credit Matcher only update once a month. It is likely that the next one to update for you will show the same score as the other.

The paid service from Experian, Credit Expert updates every day but costs £14.99 per month.

The score is created by Experian to make money from what is effectively a meaningless fiction.
  • Ignore the score and any number discrepancies.

Lenders don’t see or care about scores. Only the data on your files.
  • Thank you dear members.

Sorry for my ignorance, for all these time I only thought it was the score and getting worried.

Could you kindly confirm what do you exactly mean by 'data recorded in your credit file instead' is used
  • Hi,

Have a read of the article linked below:
    https://www.equifax.co.uk/resources/what_we_do/what_is_a_credit_report.html

Equifax is one of three Credit Reference Agencies (CRA). Each CRA may have recorded slightly different data. It is a good idea to periodically check the data for accuracy. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • The accounts on your credit files and their “performance”.
    Payments, defaults, late payments, balances etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure