New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

VCS East Midlands Airport

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
16 replies 355 views
VscappealVscappeal Forumite
6 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi,

This is my first post on any forum ever so I apologise beforehand.
I've read the "**NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!" and I'm still unsure.

Two weeks ago I drove to East Midlands Airport to pick up my other half's friend, I was driving to the BP petrol station first to get some petrol before I went to pick her up and didn't expect her to be waiting near the petrol station (she doesnt speak English and I dont speak her native language so what my partner told her I was doing may have gotten lost in translation).

So whilst I was filling up she came towards my car and put her luggage in my car. I saw the camera vans driving around and due to the situation thought getting a ticket was likely.

Today I received a PCN notice to keeper with an amount of charge of £100 or reduced to £60 if pay within 14 days. Whilst I know this is some sort of an invoice and not a PCN from the local authority.

Can someone please advice me on the next steps I need to take to refuse/appeal this document.

Kind regards,

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    32.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the blue text template from the newbies faq sticky thread near the top of the forum , appealing as keeper , no blabbing about who was driving , only a fool would do so

After that it's ignore , come back if they try a court claim within 6 years

The appeal will be rejected , so don't get your hopes up

As Elvis sang , caught in a trap , can't walk out , you are in it for the long haul
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 17 December 2019 at 8:18PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 December 2019 at 8:18PM
    Next steps, I truly hate that phrase as it makes it sound like a child.

But just read exact same threads about the same thing! All you need to do is search the forum and come back in 2020 to defend the inevitable VCS claim.

Please don't ask us about appealing it. The NEWBIES thread tell you about that.

Please don't ask about what to do when they reject it...

See you next year when you really need our help, which is not at this nothing stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    31.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You just need to do a forum search ** on keywords VCS East Midlands Airport or VCS EMA and read other threads.

There has been no resolution to any of the parking (stopping) charges at EMA as they've not been operating there very long. In any case, there is no silver bullet to shake them off unless/until a Judge decides. They have 6 years to pursue a court case against you.

Read other threads, bookmark them and follow as they progress. Your case is no different. The foreign language slant is irrelevant.

** HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function. Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • I'm confused as to your response. You say wait until next year and do nothing but the newbie forum below says

"Postal PCN from a BPA or IPC member!?!(i.e. with!no!mention of any windscreen ticket):

A postal PCN or NTK might be headed up 'Reminder' or 'Charge Notice'!or it may even be a letter from a debt collector-!it is your Notice to Keeper, in effect,!if!it's the!first letter!to arrive.!No need to wait, if the event was in England/Wales, appeal online as registered keeper (or as ''hirer/lessee'' if that's the case, see!*!below re lease/hire cars).!"

Therefore instructing me to appeal
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    91.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. But it's not designed to work, that's not why you are sending it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    32.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The post's above told you to appeal , but don't expect a win

Chances are they may do something next year , or within 6 years

I did tell you that the appeal will be rejected , they always are , nothing confusing about it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    31.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vscappeal wrote: »
    I'm confused as to your response. You say wait until next year and do nothing but the newbie forum below says

"Postal PCN from a BPA or IPC member!?!(i.e. with!no!mention of any windscreen ticket):

A postal PCN or NTK might be headed up 'Reminder' or 'Charge Notice'!or it may even be a letter from a debt collector-!it is your Notice to Keeper, in effect,!if!it's the!first letter!to arrive.!No need to wait, if the event was in England/Wales, appeal online as registered keeper (or as ''hirer/lessee'' if that's the case, see!*!below re lease/hire cars).!"

Therefore instructing me to appeal
    What's with all the exclamation marks? Are you copy and pasting from MSWord? If so, you're likely to get your IP address banned by MSE.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Umkomaas wrote: »
    What's with all the exclamation marks? Are you copy and pasting from MSWord? If so, you're likely to get your IP address banned by MSE.

No I copied from the newbie thread hence the quotation marks.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes. But it's not designed to work, that's not why you are sending it.

Sorry but my situation differs from the scenario given by the template. The fine relates to stopping whilst at the petrol station not for parking.

Also I've read several threads in regards to bylaws, I'm still confused as to what purpose they serve, if someone could explain I'd greatly appreciate it. Could you also tell me if you know whether the station is under EMA jurisdiction or not?
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    5.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    i posted a link to the bye-laws previously - in another post ( you will need to search the forum)

the petrol station is within the boundries of the airport
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"