Concert not as advertised/billed

Options
2»

Comments

• Penguin_
    Penguin_ Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So something has come up which means you can no longer attend & you're trying to get your money back. Could sell the tickets at face value I guess, but if it's not sold out you might struggle so your option is to claim you didn't know that Frankie Miller wouldn't actually be performing?

I think that, as I do listen to a lot of music & I've never heard of either FM or the Full House, fans would know that FM is ill & wouldn't be performing. If you don't know FM or the Full house then you wouldn't be expecting FM to be there so you've not 'lost' anything in terms of expectation.
  • davembro
    Options
    Clearly this is a generational thing whereby young people only go to see their favourites. I like to support live music and go to see a lot of bands at smaller venues that I am not necessarily the No1 fan of. I did see Frankie Miller in the seventies and am aware of several songs and also know that he is the main man re songwriting/performing through the years and therefore the attraction when advertised. Example: if I booked for Alice Cooper I might not expect musicians from Schools Out album to be there but surely the minimum expectation would be Alice; if not the advert would clearly state this (I have seen many promotions for cover/tribute bands and never once thought them the real deal).
    I could defend my position more but didn't come on this forum to do so, merely to ask if anyone knew how best to complain, which only a couple of you have addressed (thanks to them). I am clearly getting no help here and frankly, if this is social media you can shove it. Reply if you must but I wont be here to read it.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    davembro wrote: »
    if I booked for Alice Cooper I might not expect musicians from Schools Out album to be there but surely the minimum expectation would be Alice; if not the advert would clearly state this
    Hardly the best comparison.

I'm not a fan of Alice Cooper, but even I'm aware that he is alive and well, and still performing, so I'd certainly be justified in complaining if he was staying at home with his feet up and sending his band out on their own.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would fully expect a cover band to be better than someone who is 70 and has had a history of health problems.

Having seen a good few bands live & their cover bands. If you closed your eyes you would never know the difference.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From their facebook page: "the Band Members of ‘FULLHOUSE’, Recorded and Toured the world with Frankie Miller for years before he was tragically taken ill, and they are determined to try and help perpetuate Frankie’s Music. As Sir Elton said: To try and help continue Frankie’s legacy, is crucial, even though he’s unable to do so himself."
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,660 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    davembro wrote: »

I could defend my position more but didn't come on this forum to do so, merely to ask if anyone knew how best to complain, which only a couple of you have addressed (thanks to them). I am clearly getting no help here and frankly, if this is social media you can shove it. Reply if you must but I wont be here to read it.

Another poster not getting the answer they wanted!

You booked to see a band. The band are not who you thought they were. So you did not research them properly. But they are still the band that will be playing. Thus Ticketweb are not obliged to refund you. Thus we cannot help you.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A more up to date and real example

Who fancies buying tickets for the ELO Experience? Seeing ELO?
    NOPE. The bands name is ELO Experience

ETA
    They are very good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills