Options
2»

Comments

• Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LiamTLOU wrote: »
    A lot of the articles I have read said they do take it into account. If they in fact do not in the UK, then that makes it easier for me. Thank you for educating me.
    Lenders will often use their own internal scoring system, based on their own lending and acceptance / rejection criteria. But the 'public' scores available from any of the three big CRAs are not seen by any lender. They just see your data.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • xlnc99
    xlnc99 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Capital one have their own credit site available now. They basically use equifax for their data and their scores. I applied to them was rejected and was told my credit score was to low and to increase it before applying. So i do believe some lenders use the actual credit score of agencies. AQUA are the same with transunion
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    xlnc99 wrote: »
    Capital one have their own credit site available now. They basically use equifax for their data and their scores. I applied to them was rejected and was told my credit score was to low and to increase it before applying. So i do believe some lenders use the actual credit score of agencies. AQUA are the same with transunion
    Did capital One suggest exactly how you should increase your score before applying after using the eligability checker on their site? Were any products recommended?
  • xlnc99
    xlnc99 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No i am signed up to their free credit report site called credit wise. Its their own credit site partnered up with equifax. So they have all the info as equifax and they use eqiufax credit scores as their own. Its always the same to what equifax have.

All they stated is i did not meet their criteria and to 'imrpove my score' before applying again. Ive never had a rejection saying improve your score before which leads me to believe that companies are now heading in the direction of partnering with the CRA agencies and using their scores aswell as their own. It could be the future. AQUA do the exact same with their own credit scoring available and they use transunion which is again the same score on their site.

The eligibility checker is automatically on their free credit site as a way to push and sell their products i guess
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I don't think I would be tempted to even consider applying for a card from a lender who hides their products behind an eligibility checker and doesn't let you see what they offer until you enter your details in an eligibility checker. It's a bit like a shop boarding up their windows and not letting you peek until you have proven that you can afford the goods and then only being allowed to see what you have shown you can afford.
    Plus they get your details which can subsequently be used to bombard you with offers for credit products to improve your score and make you eligible for you don't know exactly what.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    xlnc99 wrote: »

So i do believe some lenders use the actual credit score of agencies.

I can assure you they don't.

Although some lenders have linked with CRAs to provide a score as 'added value', it's not part of the decision making process, for obvious reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure