CCTV types

Options
2»

Comments

• scottishminnie
    Options
    We had a full system installed earlier this year and are very happy with it.

We have 6 Hikvision IP dark fighter cameras, 2 of which have zoom capacity, the rest are fixed. It’s a rural property with a fair bit of coverage required, two driveways, workshop, garage and of course the house.

The screen resolution is excellent and the quality of the recordings is very good. It wasn’t cheap however I feel we have quality and just that extra bit of security which is good in a more remote property.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • worn_out
    worn_out Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bit of a gatecrash I'm afraid but I have had a domestic CCTV for 3 years now, Cobra system with Smarteyes App on my devices. I've just switched broadband suppliers though and while the CCTV still works and is visible on my TV etc, the smarteyes app on my two devices won't connect anymore. I run an ethernet from the router to the video recorder same as before but I'm stuck as to why I can't connect my phone/tablet.. Any advice appreciated...
  • malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am looking into a cctv set up for when I extend my house. I have narrowed it down to a PoE Kit with nvr and will probably be going foe a 5mp reolink kit from amazon. 4 camera kit,2 dome 2 bullet and nvr which can be accessed via mobile app comes in at about £310 dependant on when you purchase.
  • GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have two IP cameras and the police cant believe the image quality 
    I did tons of research and these note are well worth the read https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/ip-cam-talk-cliff-notes/
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • troffasky
    troffasky Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GT60 said:
    Plus one on this. I chose a Dahua based on various posts on ipcamtalk and it's great.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure