Winding-up estate

Options
Hello I'm after some advice/opinion.....my father died this year, we have used a solicitor to do the probate application as it seemed fairly complicated (with my mother having died previously and left her share of the family home in a trust to us kids with my father as beneficiary, he also owned a share of another property).

We have paid some of the IHT and will pay the balance when his house is sold (in a few days, fingers crossed). We have the grant of probate and the solicitor is about to send the signed clearance certificate to the Inland revenue.

I'm thinking of taking over from here to wind-up the estate. My father had no debts, he has some cash in the bank and there are just a few outstanding sums of money to collect from organisations and a small number of shares to sell. My brother, sister and I are the only beneficiaries in his will and everything is a straight three-way split, we get along very well and trust each other .

I wonder if people think it's a reasonably easy job to take it from here? Can anyone recommend a book or a source of free information (apart from this great forum ;) ) that will guide me through the next steps. Any other advice gratefully received. Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure