Expected delivery dates changing?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
5 replies 799 views
LadyDeeLadyDee Forumite
4.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
I'm certain that when I placed an order on 16th November (paid the same day) the expected delivery date was beginning of December (Singapore to Australia) now the expected delivery date on the tracking says between 18th November to 13th January. (18th would be impossible obviously as 16th was a Saturday).

Am I imagining it, or is it possible for sellers to change these dates?

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyDee wrote: »
    I'm certain that when I placed an order on 16th November (paid the same day) the expected delivery date was beginning of December (Singapore to Australia) now the expected delivery date on the tracking says between 18th November to 13th January. (18th would be impossible obviously as 16th was a Saturday).

Am I imagining it, or is it possible for sellers to change these dates?

A seller cannot change the dates but if you opted for a different postage option to the one estimated or paid the next day the date will change. Also of buyer shows standard postage plus enhanced postage (at an additional cost) the listing will make estimates based on that.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it showing the expected delivery date if you purchase another item today not the original purchase?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• LadyDeeLadyDee Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it showing the expected delivery date if you purchase another item today not the original purchase?

It's showing different dates if bought today. I probably just mixed up the original dates with another seller's listing.

I'm having to learn to be patient with postal delivery times as I'm now living in Australia, and can really appreciate how quickly (and cheaply) I received purchases from retailers in the UK!
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh Australia, just turn days into weeks and weeks into months :)

Although stuff from China can arrive fairly quickly from what i gather.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I blocked Australia a couple of years back as I was having issues with things taking forever. Apparently customs are very strict. Things either seemed to arrive in 6-8 days or else took weeks, and I couldn't cope with the eBay estimates giving buyers the idea they would definitely have their stuff within 10 days.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals