CCJ Claim Issue Armtrac bwlegal

2»

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    37.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you attached proof of I D under the GDPR law to your SAR ?
    If not , it will be rejected due to DPA rules

A copy of the claim form plus a copy of the V5C will do
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Oh, no I did not as it never mentioned that in the Newbies thread and simply stated "You should NOT have to supply intrusive ID like your driving licence or Passport, that's excessive - and if they are sending a LBC then they already hold sufficient data to ID you!"

That's kinda annoying, should I wait to see if it rejected for that reason and if so send it again with the proof or should I just send the email again now with that evidence attached?

Thanks for the heads up!
  • edited 1 December 2019 at 10:51AM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    37.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 December 2019 at 10:51AM
    Email again and attach proof

Nobody can get a SAR reply without proving who they are , I could send them an email requesting your data , if they don't follow the GDPR it's a data breach to reply to me with your data

Think about it

Ring your bank it could be anyone , so they require proof that you are the correct person to reply to , the actual account holder , DPA works both ways , nothing to do with parking , everything to do with privacy

The newbies thread is correct , don't give them data they didn't have before and are not entitled to , your driving licence has your date of birth embedded , your passport has your passport number and expiry date and nationality etc

Hence why you use data they already have , like the claim form and the V5C keeper details plus VRM which they already hold on file

This isn't difficult , it's common sense , it's factual , it's also easily googled too

The newbies thread tells you what NOT to use , meaning use something they already have , not new items containing extra data which they did not have previously

Email a fresh SAR copied from the previous one and add copies of what I said to it , as proof of YOUR true I D under the GDPR 2017 , the new DPA , which is your legal right
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • After sending Armtrac the SAR I also sent an email to bwlegal requesting the case to be put on hold as suggested in the newbies thread. I have yet to receive a response from Armtrac regarding the SAR but did receive this from bwlegal today;

"Good Morning

Thank you for your recent email, the contents of which have been noted on file.

Please note that we are acting on Our Client’s instructions to recover the above balance which remains due and owed by yourself to Our Client.

Information about the right to restrict processing is available on the Information Commissioner’s Office website <Link Removed>. The right to restrict processing only applies in certain limited circumstances. We are not of the view that the right to restrict processing is applicable in this case. Your data is processed for the lawful purposes set out in the Privacy Notice, a copy of which is enclosed and available on <Link Removed>. Whilst we acknowledge you have made a request for information with Our Client it is important to note that this does not affect the validity of Our Client’s Claim meaning that Our Client has an overriding legitimate interest to recover the sums due to them.

As such, your account will not be suspended from further collections activity unless we are instructed to do so by Our Client. Please contact us to reach a suitable resolution.

We trust this is satisfactory and clarifies our position. Should you be dissatisfied with our response you may raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Should you have any queries please contact our office on 0113 487 0432, or alternatively sign in or register on our Online Customer Portal at <Link removed>.

Kind Regards,

bwlegal"

I'm not really sure if this is a generic response they have setup or not but i'm guessing I don't need to reply?

Thanks,
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    35K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you inform BWL that you were 'seeking debt advice'?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • No, I will post the email I sent them.

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to inform you that a subject access request has been sent from myself to your client (Armtrac Security) and therefore I now require a restriction of data processing and the case should now be put 'on hold'. The subject access request was sent on the 01/12/2019 at 09:43AM.

My current address is;
    *********"
  • edited 9 December 2019 at 3:13PM
    beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    17.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 December 2019 at 3:13PM
    All scary stuff from BWLegal ...... NOT

They have 3 options ahead of them.

1: Not to proceed further
    2: To discontinue
    3: Go to court and then explain to a judge why they add fake amounts to their claim. If they do this, they will not have a clue with any of their cases which judge will call out ABUSE OF PROCESS and spank them.

They put themselves in this position for the £60 scam.

Their copy and paste letters are meaningless
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides