Trust Deed and Self Employment

Options
Hi,
It is looking increasingly likely I will be forced down the route of a Trust Deed due to an impending tax issue.

I currently run a small catering business, i operate as a sole trader, which employs three people - two part time and one fulltime. The business is profitable outside of this isolated tax issue and theres no reason why it should not continue to be. I just want to make sure my team will not be adversely affected by my trust deed? Will I be asked to lay anyone off?

I have a van that is used for the business that is paid for on HP.
The van is used by employees on my days off to run the business in my absence and cant be used as a run around as it also has fridges of stock in it that require it to be plugged in when parked up. I also have a car - worth around £2k - for my personal use and also for doing cash n carry runs when the van is in use.
The debt advisor I spoke to seemed to think I would not be allowed to have two vehicles however I cannot use the van for general running around due to it needing to be used by employees in the day to days running of the business and it being plugged in to the mains outside of business hours. It is solely a business tool. I should probably add that I am in a rural location with a three hourly bus service.
Can anyone advise if an exception could be made?

Any advise would be welcomed. No doubt I will have many questions to follow.
Many thanks.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family