Responsibility for mis-sold PPI on Currys Credit agreements 1990-2010

Options
Hi guys, I’m wondering if Santander are the only company responsible for any mis-sold PPI on credit agreements with Currys between these dates? Or were there any other finance companies involved in Currys credit agreements during this period? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why do you ask? Have Santander told you they are not responsible for selling PPI on your Currys account?

I read somewhere that HFC sold some finance products through Currys up to 2004, however the underwriter of the PPI policy might accept liability if you complain to the FOS.

If your account was originally provided by GE Capital Bank Ltd, then Santander Cards are usually responsible for handling PPI complaints.
  • topoftherock
    Options
    sun73 wrote: »
    Why do you ask? Have Santander told you they are not responsible for selling PPI on your Currys account?

I read somewhere that HFC sold some finance products through Currys up to 2004, however the underwriter of the PPI policy might accept liability if you complain to the FOS.

If your account was originally provided by GE Capital Bank Ltd, then Santander Cards are usually responsible for handling PPI complaints.

Hi sun73, thanks for the reply. Why I'm asking is because Santander have only provided two account numbers/agreement numbers that my mother had with GE Capital Bank Limited i.e one from 1997 with no ppi and another from 2001 which had PPI. However, my mother used to have credit (from Currys) at least twice a year for around 13 years (1997-2010). Therefore we think that Santander are not providing all the agreements that she had with GE Capital Bank Ltd. (e.g where are the ones from 1998, 1999 and 2000? Surely they would be with GE Capital Bank Ltd?). Or maybe the credit agreements were with another finance provider that Currys used? This is why I was asking the question. What do you think I should do?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In all honesty you were lucky to get what you did. There is no responsibility for them to retain that data for that length of time. If they are saying thats all they can locate then unless you have evidence to the contrary then you are just going to have to accept.

Even if there were other finance providers the deadline to complain is passed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure