Rolled into car

I had stopped at a junction and when I took my foot off the brake I tapped the car behind me,they were clearly very,very close to me as I barely moved and that happened. The person behind called me names and swore at me and took photos of both cars although there is absolutely no damage to either car. They said they’d be sending me a bill....if there is no damage surely there’s nothing more they can do?

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If there is physical contact then there is damage albeit minimal.
    That said you do not have the 3rd party's consent to run into them, let the insurance deal though.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There may be no visible damage ...

Anyway, weren’t you taught to apply the handbrake when you stop on an incline?
  • I wasnt on an incline.....and thanks,that was so helpful 🤷!♀️
  • Actually now I think about it,they must have gone into the back of me
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Did you have any witnesses?

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • Well there would be the people in the queue but I don’t know who they were....
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,845 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Did you give the person all your details?

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • I had stopped at a junction and when I took my foot off the brake I tapped the car behind me,they were clearly very,very close to me as I barely moved and that happened.

It doesn't make any difference whether your car barely moved or moved a lot.
    Your vehicle moved and hit another car and irrespective of how close they were to you, it's still your responsibility to keep control of your car and ensure that it only goes where you intend it to go.
  • hieveryone wrote: »
    Did you give the person all your details?

No they were too busy shouting and calling me names,but they took loads of photos of both cars
  • It doesn't make any difference whether your car barely moved or moved a lot.
    Your vehicle moved and hit another car and irrespective of how close they were to you, it's still your responsibility to keep control of your car and ensure that it only goes where you intend it to go.

Well I have had time to think about what happened and in actual fact they went into the back of me I just thought I rolled back,but I didn’t
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure