issue with phone app when listing

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
4 replies 681 views
[Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
0 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
MoneySaving Newbie
I recently put up some listings using a template for a previously sold item and used this to make new listings which have had bids placed on them in the last day. When checking I noticed that the condition box displayed the wrong condition and that of the original item sold and not the newly listed items. I had also made a description of the condition within the listing giving the actual condition but it is obviously confusing for some. The current bidder asked me to retract his bids as he went on what was in the box description. Now I have retracted 3 bids on 3 seperate items (1 bid placed on each) so I don't have bids on these listings now but still can't seem to alter the condition box. I thought if the items didn't have bids I could revert to altering any details in listing. Could this just take a while for the page to reset or am I now unable to make alaterations?

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveym79 wrote: »
    I recently put up some listings using a template for a previously sold item and used this to make new listings which have had bids placed on them in the last day. When checking I noticed that the condition box displayed the wrong condition and that of the original item sold and not the newly listed items. I had also made a description of the condition within the listing giving the actual condition but it is obviously confusing for some. The current bidder asked me to retract his bids as he went on what was in the box description. Now I have retracted 3 bids on 3 seperate items (1 bid placed on each) so I don't have bids on these listings now but still can't seem to alter the condition box. I thought if the items didn't have bids I could revert to altering any details in listing. Could this just take a while for the page to reset or am I now unable to make alaterations?

You won't be able to make any alterations unfortunately and if you cancel the listing you will be charged FVFs on the highest bid you received .
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I've never had this issue prior to this as normally list on my laptop but was travelling over the weekend so decided to use my phone which I won't do again. I retracted the 3 bids from the same seller in the 3 listings that were bid on as they asked me to, then I cancelled these items so hopefully are not charged final value fees as there were no bids once the items were delisted.
  • soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    67.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveym79 wrote: »
    I've never had this issue prior to this as normally list on my laptop but was travelling over the weekend so decided to use my phone which I won't do again. I retracted the 3 bids from the same seller in the 3 listings that were bid on as they asked me to, then I cancelled these items so hopefully are not charged final value fees as there were no bids once the items were delisted.

You will only be charged a FVF if you cancel the listing, not if they end without a bid. However, it might be worth paying the FVFs rather than risk a sale with the wrong information.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find the app appalling for listing and won't use it. I always at least start the listing on a browser and fill in all the important parts. Occasionally i finish off the listing via the app when the photos are on my phone, but that listing is fully complete already just needs the photos.
    The app is pretty rubbish
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs