How to cancel Paypal e-cheque payment received

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales
4 replies 2.4K views
GiggidyGiggidy Forumite
138 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
I recently sold an item to someone who paid via Paypal but I received the payment as a pending E-cheque payment, which I never had before. How do I cancel this so the person can pay immediately by bank transfer instead? I had a look on Paypal but it doesn't give me any option to cancel the transaction.

Replies

• lindenslindens Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can go into paypal and issue a refund, that option is there if you click on the order in paypal.

cancelling the transaction has to happen in ebay and is probably overkill in this situation
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • martindowmartindow Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giggidy wrote: »
    I recently sold an item to someone who paid via Paypal but I received the payment as a pending E-cheque payment, which I never had before. How do I cancel this so the person can pay immediately by bank transfer instead? I had a look on Paypal but it doesn't give me any option to cancel the transaction.
    Has the buyer suggested paying by bank transfer? A seller suggesting bank transfers has all the signs of a scammer. It's great for you - no fees - but there is no protection for the buyer.
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    15.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send the buyer a message to let them know it has come as an echeque - most don't realise. Then take it from there. Hopefully they will cancel and pay again.
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    been thru this once (as a buyer) , for some reason PayPal decided on echeque , in my case it was a private buy via facebook for some motorcycle parts

I contacted my bank they cancelled the cheque , and I "think" I transferred correct amount to paypal account and repayed , paypal could not explain why it happened , as both bank account and debit card were linked to paypal
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals