Options
13»

Comments

• David713
    David713 Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would have thought it would be a very sterile environment

The shock and horror of finding them, as I was mid way cooking, literally turned my stomach as you can imagine,

I couldn't get them out of the house fast enough, bag and in the wheelie bin

[b] I try and contact Premier Foods, the makers, but they want photos, series numbers off the box, and there is no way on earth I am going through the wheelie bin to dig out a box of maggot infested oxo[/b] 

The scary thought is, that was not a new box, I have had it in the cupboard for probably three weeks, and used several already.

Im really upset
    The trouble is they need that info to investigate, and they will want to investigate. They're not fobbing you off or anything.

With the batch details, they can trace back to every ingredient batch, from every supplier, and when it came in, who booked it in, where it was stored, whether any of batch was sampled for testing etc. Without batch numbers they can't do any of that. They literally have nothing to go on.

The batch number should also tell them the other way, tracing forwards, to show which retailer it went to and via which haulage firm etc.

Unfortunately, without those details, they have no option really to investigate. 
    They might have wanted to investigate the contamination when the OP first discovered the problem but as this was almost 17 months ago, I doubt if they would be interested now.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    David713 said:
    I would have thought it would be a very sterile environment

The shock and horror of finding them, as I was mid way cooking, literally turned my stomach as you can imagine,

I couldn't get them out of the house fast enough, bag and in the wheelie bin

[b] I try and contact Premier Foods, the makers, but they want photos, series numbers off the box, and there is no way on earth I am going through the wheelie bin to dig out a box of maggot infested oxo[/b] 

The scary thought is, that was not a new box, I have had it in the cupboard for probably three weeks, and used several already.

Im really upset
    The trouble is they need that info to investigate, and they will want to investigate. They're not fobbing you off or anything.

With the batch details, they can trace back to every ingredient batch, from every supplier, and when it came in, who booked it in, where it was stored, whether any of batch was sampled for testing etc. Without batch numbers they can't do any of that. They literally have nothing to go on.

The batch number should also tell them the other way, tracing forwards, to show which retailer it went to and via which haulage firm etc.

Unfortunately, without those details, they have no option really to investigate. 
    They might have wanted to investigate the contamination when the OP first discovered the problem but as this was almost 17 months ago, I doubt if they would be interested now.
    Ah, I didn't notice the dates involved. 
  • TVAS
    TVAS Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Buy a cook book and make your own meat stock.
  • pickledonionspaceraider
    Options
    algray said:
    Just had exactly the same thing, but the maggots were dead and clearly hadn't made it. The pack it is two months beyond sell by to be fair but disgusting nonetheless. The texture in this cube felt too dry and sandy. I found other cubes that had a tiny hole drilled in or out of it. I checked two other cubes that felt more crumbly and were completely clear.
    @algray - did you contact them?

Honestly my incident put me off of ever using Oxo, 

the way the package is designed to be crumbled up INSIDE the foil and then the top ripped off and tipped in, i wonder how many people have eaten maggots and not realised.
    With love, POSR <3
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    hae you actually read the ingredients of oxo cubes - maggots are likely to be the most nutritious thing there !
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some cultures would regard it as fee protein.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure