BT landline, can't dial out to 0871?

This used to be OK about 6 months ago but I vaguely recollect I might have chosen an option somewhere to bar outgoing calls to certain premium rate(?) numbers but I can’t for the life of me recall where or how, and no amount of googling has helped with the answer.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Another possible route is the phone itself. I have one of BT's cordless phones and on that from the menu go to Call Control, press select, enter access pin and go to outgoing calls. Under premium rate select either allowed or disallowed..
    ::A
  • Thanks for your replies. I've tried my online account any that was no help at all. Been round in circles.

My phone handset does not have the option. I think it's something set up on the line, because the same thing happens when I dial 0871 on the fax machine, same BT line, different device.

Any more ideas please???
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Just think of the money you are saving! :D

Have you tried https://www.saynoto0870.com/ for an alternative?
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Phone BT up and ask them, but as above 0871 numbers cost a fortune and then some more to call.

Common uses for 0871 numbers include:
    Chargeable information and support lines, Event ticket and travel booking services, Conference call services, Pre-sales information lines, Horoscopes, tarot and fortune-telling, Dating, chat and adult entertainment

Most of which you can get online for free. Or via email if an urgent response is not critical. Using 0871 numbers for customer service lines is now forbidden by law.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure