Anybody having problems with Ciao?

Have been doing online surveys with Ciao for some time -not making a fortune but picking up about £5 every few months.Have suddenly started getting survey requests from a different email address, with a link through to what appears to be a webiste with a very different format - on the single survey I have seen so far, this offered 10p(woohoo!) for completing a 20 minute survey, and asked me to identify myself.Not Ciao's previous practice!Emails to ciao's previous contacts have gone unanswered or bounced back.
Anybody else having similar problems?

Comments

• I had a survey from them today it came from this address [EMAIL="survey@ciao-group.com"]survey@ciao-group.com[/EMAIL] and offered me 81p for 13 min survey
    Good Luck and happy 2016 Everyone :smileyhea
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I stopped doing them a while ago as they started sending ones for 17p up to 81p.

Just looked at some of the emails and a few come from surveys@ciao-surveys.co.uk which is not the usual email address. These emails address me by my first name, but the normal emails use my ciao username.

The links to the surveys do not go to the ciao survey site either, so I wonder if they are genuine?
  • I have had a couple of thoses emails as well. They look like they come from Ciao and they come from [EMAIL="surveys@ciao-surveys.co.uk"]surveys@ciao-surveys.co.uk[/EMAIL] I do not know if they have got all our info from the ciao site and have set up their own spoof website and trying to get people that way?
    cross stitch cafe #90 UFO's 6 to finish in 2013, and loads of new kits to boot
    Refunded bank overdraft charges £915 :j
    SPC 2007-2008 #078 aim £500-£341.67
    SPC 2011-2012 #078 aim £500-£426.42
    SPC 2012-2013 #078aim £500 - TBC
  • They seem to be from a company called Ciao Beta,and you can also log in somehow with your Ciao password and e-mail.I have had 2 surveys so far both for the grand sum of 10p and entry into a sweepstake.
    If you check the headings of the e-mail they say they are from a Greenfield company,which used to send surveys in their own name awhile ago,maybe Ciao have taken them over!
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • I personally think my time is worth more than 10p, regardless of who the company is. I am not spending 20 minutes doing a survey for 10p. I just delete those ones.
  • Especially when you answer questions for around 10 mins then they tell you you're not eligible :mad:
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Especially when you answer questions for around 10 mins then they tell you you're not eligible :mad:

I'm convinced that most of the time by the time you've got to that stage you've already given them the information they need so they are just wriggling out of paying you.

I managed to join that survey company that we are not allowed to mention on here. Done 4 surveys this week, my first week and got £4 for each of them. Have already received £4 in luncheon vouchers for the first one.

Plus at the end of the last one they said they wanted to send me a bottle of Harpic something or other to try. So I said "yes please", so that's another £4 for me. Plus it means I will be able to change my payment method to paypal too.
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm convinced that most of the time by the time you've got to that stage you've already given them the information they need so they are just wriggling out of paying you.

I managed to join that survey company that we are not allowed to mention on here. Done 4 surveys this week, my first week and got £4 for each of them. Have already received £4 in luncheon vouchers for the first one.

Plus at the end of the last one they said they wanted to send me a bottle of Harpic something or other to try. So I said "yes please", so that's another £4 for me. Plus it means I will be able to change my payment method to paypal too.

You are really lucky then ref the survey site we must not name, because I think I have had two from them:confused: . Do you regularly log onto their website and find surveys there. I have tried to do this, and if you try to do a survey that you haven't been sent an email for it won't let you? I guess I am just not the right profile:rolleyes:
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite

Sorry to be off-topic, but why?

To answer the OP, Ciao surveys have been total pants for a while now. The payments dropped like a stone after Ciao were bought by Greenfield (I think that's what happened).
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Yep, from Ciao Group website:

Ciao GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Greenfield Online Inc
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income