We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Converting from Gas to Open Fire Help!
whitey012001
Posts: 26 Forumite
I would like to convert my gas fire to an open fire, I would ideally like a multi fuel wood burning stove, but was going to have a fire grate and keep it open for a bit until I can afford one. I have a chimney built on to the outside of the house. Apart from moving the gas pipe, which isn't a problem what do I need to do?
When I pull the gas fire out all I can see is the bricks of the chimney. Do I need a fire back?? if so where do I get them from?
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Neil
When I pull the gas fire out all I can see is the bricks of the chimney. Do I need a fire back?? if so where do I get them from?
Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Neil
0
Comments
-
http://www.solidfuel.co.uk has a few hints n tips!
Quite a few recent fireplace posts, too.
Take a few cliks back in the past few days!
& stand by for a smokey room, first fire!!
VB0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards