IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL Scam?

Options
I have just received a letter from DCBL saying I have failed to pay them £170 and if they do not receive it they’ll recommend their client to proceed with legal action. This letter has gone to an address I lived at 2 years ago. Luckily my cousin lives there now and she has given me the letter. I have only ever not paid one parking fine and I have a CCJ for that fine but I owe £280 for that so I am confused where this parking fine with DCBL has come from? its irritating me more because i can not think of another parking fine i have had? is it a scam? i have read the newbie info but the DCBL letter is rather nervy as it has the cant pay we will take it away stamp on and i want to save myself any embarrassment.. Ring and pay? or ignore? Help please. Thank you

Comments

• BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DCBL can be safely ignored. they are acting as debt collectors not bailiffs
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    Options
    As said, ignore them they are simpleton debt collectors

You do not owe £170, DCBL has added a fake £70

READ ABOUT ABUSE OF PROCESS that's what DCBL are doing

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

If you get a "letter before claim" come back here
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does the letter say who the PPC is? If so, please tell us. You could if you wish then send an SAR to the PPC as per the NEWBIES and ask for all the personal information they hold about you.
    If you don't know the VRN of the vehicle it allegedly relates to, then send a copy of a redacted utility bill as proof of ID, otherwise send a copy of the relevant V5.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do not ignore a letter that went to an old address, IMHO.

At least reply and give your new address for service and ask for the evidence their client intend to rely upon, to be sent to the new address, including all copies of all letters they say were posted, and all photos taken.

Finish by insisting that DCBL and their clients both comply with the GDPR an 'erase' all records of the old address data.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Read this

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6014081

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams, so consider complaining to your MP, it can cause the scammer extra costs and work.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, many of whom are former clampers, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    [/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • BrownTrout
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Do not ignore a letter that went to an old address, IMHO.

At least reply and give your new address for service and ask for the evidence their client intend to rely upon, to be sent to the new address, including all copies of all letters they say were posted, and all photos taken.

Finish by insisting that DCBL and their clients both comply with the GDPR an 'erase' all records of the old address data.

For once i would disagree with Coupon Mad (in part) DCBL are one of the few companies who refuse to ever update the address records they hold unless they have been told to do so by their client (even when GDPR requests go in) and even they dont really do it

Update the original company with the correct address but dont except DCBL to take any notice
  • Fovvers2390
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies and great info. It does not state anything about the actual fine. nothing about the car, nor the company or the place. DCBL have referred to the debtor as a client. It says you have failed to pay DCBL the outstanding balance of £170 or make contact to discuss this payment.
    ( case reference)
    We will now recommend to our client the commencement of legal action against you, which will incur further charges.
    To ensure no further legal action will take place against you please make payment by one of the following methods. Then it gives the methods.

My cousin passes on any mail I get to that address and I have had nothing from DCBL or a parking charge, I have not had any other parking ticket on my wind screen either. I have had 2 parking fines that i am aware of, in my 12 years of driving. One which i never paid and left which is now a CCJ of £280 (This was to my old address) and this is why I was wondering if it was the same one but they are different outstanding balances.
    The other I paid and that was recent on my newest car so it can not be that as that is registered to my new address.

So basically I have no idea what company the fine is with, what car the fine was for and what car park I was allegedly parked in - without ringing DCBL to find out. which i do not want to do as I am reading , that would not be a good idea.
    I really appreciate all your responses, This site is great (Newbie)
  • BrownTrout
    Options
    Send me a private message with the pcn number. Right side of the letter
    I should then be able to tell you which parking company it is ( I am a dab hand at being able to tell from the ref number which company it belongs to)
  • Fovvers2390
    Options
    BrownTrout wrote: »
    Send me a private message with the pcn number. Right side of the letter
    I should then be able to tell you which parking company it is ( I am a dab hand at being able to tell from the ref number which company it belongs to)

Done :beer:
  • BrownTrout
    Options
    Thanks and replied
    Its Parking Eye/Car Parking Partnership
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing