Options
2»

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,517 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    United_ wrote: »
    Just a update guys so I received the email today from stepchange with my debt relief order application draft on it I have signed it electronically and by hand and scanned in one too I have now sent it back to them and I guess I just wait for now do you guys think I should ring in a day or two? Also I seem to be getting loads of calls from creditors even tho they know I’m in contact with stepchange and agreed to freeze account for month. I really hope I’m near the end of this procedure it has been long and stressful. Do we sound like we are near the end now? I take it stepchange are confident of getting a accepted application? Or they would not of went this far

Yes, it sounds like you are near the end. Ignore the calls from creditors.

Have you paid the £90?
  • United_
    United_ Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Yes, it sounds like you are near the end. Ignore the calls from creditors.

Have you paid the £90?

No not yet I got confirmation that they have received much signed application and they have a scheduled a phone call tomorrow lunch time . Which I am hoping fingers crossed they will say everything’s Is fine and that’s they will send me out how to pay. Am I correct in saying that I shouldn’t update balances with them until the day I pay them £90 ??
  • fatbelly
    Options
    No not yet I got confirmation that they have received much signed application and they have a scheduled a phone call tomorrow lunch time . Which I am hoping fingers crossed they will say everything’s Is fine and that’s they will send me out how to pay. Am I correct in saying that I shouldn’t update balances with them until the day I pay them £90 ??

They should put the balances that exist on the day they submit your application.
  • United_
    Options
    so I received a phonecall today and basically they were happy enough to proceed with the application I don’t expect them to be so quick I don’t have the £90 until Friday they said they can’t do it on Friday it would be Monday I update the balances and then pay the £90 within 24 hours. I’m from Northern Ireland and they have said that it takes 4-8 weeks for a decision I was like wow. England only take 10 days sad suppose its gunna be Christmas or January before I hear anything
  • fatbelly
    Options
    England takes 2 days! Sometimes one.
  • United_
    Options
    Hopefully they get are just guidelines and hopefully it will be somebody in a week or 2 thanks or all your advice
  • United_
    Options
    Hey fat belly I have finally been put in the register I just checked today and it has been on there since the 9th I went through stepchange and just wondering should I have received a letter or text saying I’m on the register I haven’t received neither, also what happens now do the creditors send me acknowledgment??

Such a relief honestly and thank you very kindly for all your help throughout
  • fatbelly
    Options
    You should get a letter from the DRO Team in Plymouth. With the Christmas post it may take a few days.

Ah Northern Ireland. I assume you get something equivalent though it probably comes from Belfast
  • United_
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply :) one quick question, I’m literally about £0.20 above the minimum wage and in April I expect to be the same around £0.20 above minimum wage when it goes up.

Do they take this in to account also would I have to tell the insolvency service about a “pay rise” even tho it happens every year it probably puts around £20-30 pound on to my income.

But the economy goes up with it
    So I may spend more on food or petrol or parking etc?

Also how long do the creditors have to reject the dro? Any reasons why they would reject it?

Thanks again
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply :) one quick question, I’m literally about £0.20 above the minimum wage and in April I expect to be the same around £0.20 above minimum wage when it goes up.

Do they take this in to account also would I have to tell the insolvency service about a “pay rise” even tho it happens every year it probably puts around £20-30 pound on to my income.

But the economy goes up with it
    So I may spend more on food or petrol or parking etc?

Also how long do the creditors have to reject the dro? Any reasons why they would reject it?

Thanks again

Strictly speaking you should inform them of a change of circumstances. I wouldn't bother if it's just a cost of living rise.

Do we know what the NMW will be in April?

Creditors are supposed to register any objections within 28 days. Few do. I the DRO Team received a valid complaint (from anyone at any time) they would look into it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure