Help needed!

Hi guys. I am freaking out as totally skint and have just discovered I have a direct debit due today and no money in the account! Can anyone tell me if I go to bank on my lunch and pay in amount due to come out today if I will still get bank charges?? Thanks guys, so worried I could cry!!!

L xxxxxx
DFD - April 2011 - come on!!:T

Comments

• Yes, you probably will.

Direct Debits go out (or get rejected) in the early hours of the morning. The decision will have been made. (Although one bank, can’t remember who, have changed their conditions and if the money is paid in till close of business on that day, there will not be a charge.)

Phone your bank, apologize profusely, promise to pay in the money and ask them to drop any charges. (It might work.)
  • Thanks for response! I actually paid in the money and forgot that another direct debit was due off so missed it by £3!!! I am so silly, really upset about it and rubbish start to the week!! I am with the Bank of Scotland, could pay it in at lunch time so might give them a call and see what they say!

L xxxx
  • Didnt work, tried being nice and sweet and everything! BOO and HISS the bankl of scotland

L x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family