We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Sink sizes
ka7e
Posts: 3,179
Forumite
I've ordered a new kitchen with a sink unit with drawers - a mock front to cover the sink itself, then a u-shaped drawer to accommodate the waste and a deep drawer underneath. I've been advised the maximum depth of the sink I can use is 235mm, to allow clearance for the top drawer. Surely the clearance is dependent on the depth of the worktop as I want an INSET sink? The height of the sink could easily vary by 22mm if I choose a thicker worktop - or am I overlooking a basic tenet of kitchen fitting?
Obviously my favoured sink has a 236mm depth!
Obviously my favoured sink has a 236mm depth!
"Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
0
Comments
-
I'd check with the manufacturer to be sure; they may have given the clearance from cabinet height.
We sell worktops as thin as 12.5mm and as thick as 44mm; the worktop size would surely affect the clearance on the top drawer; hopefully it's a simple case of the max sink depth being 235mm + worktop thickness.0 -
Thanks Marc - they have indeed just confirmed that!"Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards