edited 30 October 2019 at 6:22AM in Old Style MoneySaving
19 replies 1.3K views
nmlcnmlc Forumite
4.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 October 2019 at 6:22AM in Old Style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Wednesday 30 October 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Now getting light - dry and chilly start to the day.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my first cuppa and my porridge. DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, I had baked fish and veg. I forgot to get the beef out of the freezer to defrost for tonight's dinner of beef stew so I have some sausages in the fridge - so will do something with those. The beef will be tomorrow night's dinner as long as I remember to get it out to defrost tonight!

Yesterday work was quite slow - today's my last working day this week, then I'll be off until Monday.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Replies

• camelot1001camelot1001 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning All

Brrr, chilly this morning, have had the heating on for half an hour to take the chill off the bathroom.

Anyone watch the GBBO? Felt sorry for Steph but glad David won. I was in the same camp as you TA, thought the winner had been decided at the beginning of the series.

How kind of the lady Mehefin, hope things work out for you both.

I'm having the flu jab after work, not looking forward to it, I always end up with a very sore arm!

Hope you all have a happy Wednesday, take care. XX
  • redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all

Brrrr cold and windy here heating has warmed the house up though so all toasty inside.

Camelot I did think the best person won last night he was always steady and mainly produced stunning results, the girls were just too flaky last night with poor results. I did love the series though.

Off to work today the sandals do seem to be helping the pain was better again yesterday, , they are having to write a risk assessment for me but anything for a bit of relief from the pain, the pain is still there but not as bad so I shall be asking my Dr for the jab anyway as I think its something I will always suffer from.

Pasta for dinner tonight with some salad and garlic bread for OH, nice quick dinner, and I need to do a wash tonight too.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. A frost free start today and feels less chilly than the last few days.

CAMELOT yes I watched GBBO. They didn't anticipate Steph having a meltdown did they. I felt quite sorry for her but, nevertheless, I am so pleased David won. It was well deserved. I wish I could keep as calm as him under pressure!

Eldest DGD still in bed and I suspect will be so for quite a while. I am trying to be quiet! DD will be back from the 'van later today as she has work tomorrow and Friday (early shifts) so the other 2 DGDs will be here tonight for sleepover and to entertain all day. I had pics from them yesterday enjoying the pumpkin trail at Bolton Abbey. They do it every year.

I have gammon left in the fridge so today's eats should involve that in some form or another. Any left will go in the freezer sliced up.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need. Thinking of the poorlies and MIA. Take care one and all x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • ancientofdaysancientofdays Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning, what a chilly one! It is nice and bright though.

I have a lot of neglected jobs to do so I'm planning to get through at least some of those today.

Other than that, nothing much going on so I'll wish everyone the best possible day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all! |Have a doc appt today and am planning on sorting the garden. Haven't done anything in it for a couple of weeks, well, nothing that really counts as ar as taking things down etc, and I have the last of the tomatoes in the greenhouse to turn into a sauce. I don't think I'll grow Black Trifele next year uness I get new seeds. They have a kind of musty taste which is not how they used to taste. Will definitely be growing the French Black though, they were really good this year.
    I should also start piling the Christmas presents I bought last year and some of this to work out gaps...We never got round to having it last year, nor the middle of this year, solet's see if we can make it this year....
    Hope everyone is having the best day they can...Cwtches for the needy. Or the not needy, I can be indiscriminate with cwtches....:) Workings out Wednesday....
  • snoozersnoozer Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another GBBO watcher, I really thought the standard of this years series was poorer than previous years but that may be because the tasks were harder. Perhaps they need a rethink, make the tasks slightly easier and then the contestants can really concentrate on getting a good bake and decorating them well.

I have a hair appointment this morning but it won't take long. my hair is short and very fine so it only usually takes about 20-30 minutes for a wash cut and blow-dry.

I need to go and check my family tree on Ancestry, Steve was having a tinker and managed to turn his aunt into his grandmother.

Have a good day.
  • ScarletRibbonsScarletRibbons Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning, it's fine here, a bit chilly though.

Redruby sorry to read that your foot is still painful.

Mehefin,hope you're ok.

Didn't do anything exciting yesterday, just the usual. I finished making a card for my great niece's 30th birthday and even I'm quite pleased with it - usually I don't like what I've made.

We went to A*nwick Gardens on Monday, the drive up through Northumberland was beautiful, it was a fine sunny day of course, which makes a difference.
    Like Gers was saying, we've watched The Garden develop over the years and we love to go at intervals through the year and see the seasons unfold.

Today there's not much happening, we'll get our hair done, and there's the usual jobs round the house.

Hope everyone has as good a day as they can.

Take care folks
  • SpekySquareheadSpekySquarehead Forumite
    3K Posts
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy hump day.

A quiet day yesterday. Visited the gym for an hour after work then home for a healthy dinner and a catch up with the boys on the Xbox. Bed for 10.

Oh - and I seem to be the only person in the world who didn't watch the bake off, so I've been skimming your posts to avoid spoilers. Apologies if I've missed anything important.
    Spends: £0
    NSD 10/17

Been to the gym this morning, so feeling much better for it already. I'm going to give yoga a miss at lunch as my legs are still hurting from my gym session on Sunday and that would just be torture. Plus side to that is that today should pass without a spend too. I wasn't planning on being in the house this evening as I was due in London but my trip has been cancelled, so I'll need to make something with what I have in the fridge. Any suggestions for what I can make with potatoes, chillies, eggs and bacon? I'm thinking some sort of hash?

mehefin - It does seem awfully quick but if she's a good'un, then it might be too good an opportunity to turn down. Especially if you were planning on getting one further down the line anyway.
    Taff - Good luck at the docs
  • Hard_Up_HesterHard_Up_Hester Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

Chilly here and the stove is very sluggish I've added some extra kindling and coal but not much is happening. I have a chicken casserole ready to go on when it heats up.

Today's plans include printing out some paperwork and hopefully cutting out a clue of bags.

There was a cormorant fishing in the river and a heron on one of the he tried this morning when I was walking Beano.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone.

I've just surfaced properly. Think that all the backed up stress about the dry rot poured out of me overnight. It's been a long time since April when the problem first came to light. DM even acknowledged that I was right to keep it from her!

Today I'm waiting for two deliveries. W iltshire Farm Foods will be coming this morning with one from S hetchers coming anytime. It's almost a quiet day. It's now two weeks until my op, think / hope I'm prepped enough.

Camelot - good luck with the jag. I haven't had mine yet so think I'll wait until later now.

Scarlett - even though I prefer Spring to Autumn generally the A lnwick Gardens are splendid at this time of year.

My thoughts are with all those who are struggling. Happy Wednesday to all.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides