Re-insuring during claim (again)

Options
I’ve looked through the forum and can’t find the answer I’m looking for, but forgive me if it’s been answered before.

September 2018 car hit our house (grade 2 listed), and I had to renew in the November. Took a £188 hit for the fact I had a claim on going and was told I might get that back once claim settled.

Repairs have just finished (estimate £48,000) and I’m having to renew again, another £150 extra compared with quotes without this claim. Despite the third party insurance admitting liability, but my insurer has not yet receive the costs from them (don’t even know if they’ve asked for them to be honest).

My questions: how do I get back these extra premiums and how do I go about getting some compensation for the massive inconvenience we’ve had to put up with for the last year?
Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You should tell your insurer that you want the increase added to the cost of the claim, to be paid out to you if not refunded by your insurer.
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    Your insurance company have 6 years to claim the money and commence litigation if need be.

Once it's all settled your insurance company will recalculate your premium and refund you, if the premium is lower.
    - so you need to liaise with your insurance company.

Compensation for the inconvenience since the incident.
    - let your insurance company know what inconvenience you have had and ask them for compensation.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure