New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

auto-enrolment threshold

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Auto-enrolment
4 replies 2.5K views
stinky_daddystinky_daddy Forumite
401 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Auto-enrolment
Hi

probably been asked (and answered) several times already, although could not find anything when I searched on certain keywords that might be applicable :(

I have recently started a new job (after being unemployed for several years due to an accident), and have just received my first payslip, however, I am being told that £6136 is deducted from the gross salary before any pension contribution is calculated - is this correct?

If yes, then what is the £6136 for / based on (surely it is not what the government believes you can survive on)?

While 5% is calculated on the remaining figure, it is not 5% of the gross salary which it should be, or am I looking at this completely wrong?

TIA

s_d
Sometimes I wonder...
"why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
...and then it hits me
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Jesus loves you...A nice thing to hear in church, but a horrible thing to hear in a Mexican prison
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Replies